Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks lads. Yes you cant beat a fresh import. So easy to work on if needed bolts would be like new.
Vrt is killing things alrite do.
Whats the going rate for this car on irish plates lads?
Looks a cracking car and see raggy doo saying the price was mad

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Will cost around 14k on the road for that car . + belts, engine ,diff ,gearbox, oils be another 1000 euros if not done already.
so 15k for 2004 Sti widetrack with 144klm is the price

I assume it needs or at least should mapped for Irish fuel as well?

What's the crack with the steering wheel on it, do you have to have a air bag in the wheel to pass a nct or will it pass with out one as long as the light is not on the dash?

Looks nice other than that

Blob sti steering you can pick for about 100 quid. Widetrack/hawk for about 150-200 to get it factory. Minus what you can get for the existing.

Imo Importing a car from Japan at the moment is a bit like buying a new car, as soon as you take delivery you are likely to take a hit as hard to sell for what you paid for it unless you find someone who was thinking of importing themselves

part of the appeal is that rust is less likely to be an issue and spec is better

Well what we missing its all the benefits of having a fresh car from Japan. Like being rust free. Often having quality aftermarket parts on. Being in general way better build. Lower tax with some models etc. And you need to pay extra for that.

Not always lucky to get them rust free. Still a lucky bag. Nice to able go go and view a fresh import for sale here. Instead of waiting at the boat with your money spent.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Imo importing nowadays isnt to save money, its for people that see a car they want and feel its worth the bit extra...id take a slightly more expensive jap sti fresh import over a same year uk sti anyday

Not always lucky to get them rust free. Still a lucky bag. Nice to able go go and view a fresh import for sale here. Instead of waiting at the boat with your money spent.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree, worth paying extra to see in the flesh, you are taking a bit of a leap buying blindly but should be low if paying an agent fee

Apparently cars up on the north island are more likely to have rust issues, never knew till I did a bit more research about imports

There’s a big enough market in the uk for a fair few imports to make there way to uk dealers. I couldn’t see any dealers here bringing in an sti or similar though. Did any ever back in the boom times? If they did I never noticed them

If you look at it in a certain way buy a boring car from dealer brand new loose 10/12 grand in 4 years of new price and keeps falling because there’s any amount of them where import or buy a subaru loose very little of it still in around if ya got it a a fair price I doubt to many of ye would be looking at loosing 10k on any cars that you have here.
Look at joes question about a performance car that won’t drop like a stone. Don’t think there is one. But buy a subaru s203 spec c etc that in the past have been steady should be safe enough not to loose a ball of money the answer is in his front garden. But If nobody can get a jap wide track for less than say 15k on the road is that not the market value for a good one

Apparently cars up on the north island are more likely to have rust issues, never knew till I did a bit more research about imports

I would’ve thought it was the southern cars that were more prone. Overall either side of the island is better than here with the muck and bad roads.

Whats wrong with it? Friend is interested in this car. Any additional info on it?

It's 7 grand.
No reg.
Resprayed in an Evo blue.
No NCT since Oct 2015.
UK Rear lights.
Drivers front wing seems like rust.
Rear bumper doesn't sit flush on the right, particularly around the "hockey stick" below the light.
Missing STI carbon pillar brace.
Wrong spoiler.
Nothing to show proof for stroker kit etc.
Newage wheels.
It's being sold by someone who breaks cars and looks to have bits thrown at it that were lying around because they were missing from the car, for whatever reason.
It's 7 grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back