Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visually ,what's the difference Paul ? Out of interest

Again i was told some of the Irish ones had front fog lights and some didn’t, my car was an Irish one and had none. Mine was brought in late in 2008 (but got taxed pre 1 July) earlier ones seem to have front fog lights

I don’t know of any other differences.

May seem crazy to some but apparently he refused 20K

Imo it's only worth 20k now because there's no mention of a rebuild.

I don't think all type r are going to hit 20k but this one has all the right things with the exception of a rebuild to go for big money.

Blue v limited, gold revos/ speedline, roof hatch, exhaust, they must tick all the boxes to go over 20 k with nct, tax, remap, spotless etc etc...

For anybody saying its crazy money then you obviously don't know how much its costs to get one landed here from japan.
And let alone get it out of dublin port but get it on the road here and to the spec that car has. We are not talking about a white v4 type r with 200k on the clock thats in the country 10 years. this is a V5 limited with all the boxes ticked for somebody wanting a type r.
They aren't making anymore of them and its funny on here the majority reckon its ok to pay 12-15k for a UK blob STi if its mint enough.
I've seen this car and it is very clean, yeah no rebuild but everything has been done right in order to keep the original engine as long as possible, the money has been spent.
He did refuse 20k and it was a serious offer by the guy i was searching for one for him this past good while (pedro & seanie will know him) and he since went to UK and got a very good one.

For anybody saying its crazy money then you obviously don't know how much its costs to get one landed here from japan.
And let alone get it out of dublin port but get it on the road here and to the spec that car has. We are not talking about a white v4 type r with 200k on the clock thats in the country 10 years. this is a V5 limited with all the boxes ticked for somebody wanting a type r.
They aren't making anymore of them and its funny on here the majority reckon its ok to pay 12-15k for a UK blob STi if its mint enough.
I've seen this car and it is very clean, yeah no rebuild but everything has been done right in order to keep the original engine as long as possible, the money has been spent.
He did refuse 20k and it was a serious offer by the guy i was searching for one for him this past good while (pedro & seanie will know him) and he since went to UK and got a very good one.
I know what you're saying James I just mean I can't see them worth it, I know exactly what they are making japan and even to me they seem mad money as yet in a few years yes but are they really worth it now is what I'm saying and as said maybe I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

its a newage v classic thing Gordo, if you want a particular model newage you will pay the money and vice versa with a classic.
Somebody will buy it mightn't be today or tomorrow but he is in no panic to sell i believe. He is on here too btw.

Lovely car and prices are on the increase with the supply from Japan drying up . A 20k offer with 180k on the clock won’t come around that often Now days. But if 1 person wants it then. That’s all it takes . Very few v5 v limited in the country in that condition so it’s only going up in value .

A more worrying point is if it’s market rate is 20-23 then vrt will rise to between 6-7k :doh:

thats a 20k car now for sure - vrt at 4400

member on here imported it
i wouldnt sell mine for 20k but its had rebuild etc

only way you could better that in value is if it was v6 blue limited
i prefer v5 myself anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back