22B costs ????

How are you supposed to insure a 22B with the state of the car insurance industry here. Its a joke.

That one on Facebook thats needs bodywork/respray....how the hell do you rack up 188,000km in Japan! Its about the size of Kerry!

Last edited:
They say the last one sold for 5 million JPY which is around 36K, then add all the extras like VRT, tax and insurance. Then you need to worry about that rust in the arches that this one has.

Christ the roof and bonnet is in an awefull state, probably unloved by a knobhead of an owner and parked up for years without a cover:doh:

youd want to price a full restoration in to it im guessing
and it will go for more than its worth because that wont be discounted of the auction price
id say shes had a hard life anyway
and would work out cheaper buying a clean one
but sure we will see

I can tell you from experience revenue will not give a valuation any more they will refer you to NCTS who will refuse a valuation without inspection and the original paperwork surrendered.

As for values it's definitely supply and demand. The last two up in Japan made very very strong money, this current one is rough. Get in touch with Paddy at JDMauctionwatch he has already bought a 22b and is a Subaru man himself.

Japan
Car cost
+ Fees
+ inspection
+ transport to port Japan
+ storage
+ shipping prep and de reg
+ shipping and insurance approx 1k euro

Then in Ireland

Total cost so far

+ VAT @ 23%
+ EU duty 10%
+ port handling
+ customs clearance
+ your importers fee if you use one

Not that cheap when you take the unknown bodywork and Maybe an engine build into the equation . Would be better off paying extra for a clean 1.

Tbh its next to impossible to buy them, that last one that went for over 5 million yen, that was a bit rusty underneath, had trolley jack damage to the sills as well... Nothing major but there was a few quid to be spent under it never the less

It's at the stage now if you want one you may just grab one, that car above wasn't a bad buy, it had original wheels which iirc the 5million yen one didn't...

It's not at all unusual to see jap cars with paint scorched from the sun, and the jap guys don't think 1/4 about 22Bs as the rest of the world seems to lol.

The market is growing every year for these, remember there is only a few... And so far America is not really in the market.....But at 20yrs old they can be registerd in Canada and at 25yrs old they can be Registerd in America.. So it's going to be interesting to see what happens to the price...

It's at a stage now if you see one grab it with both hands.

so how many have you bought ken, lol

I plan on buying them all, and then taking over the world lol

I wonder how many are actually still out there?
There was 2 wrote off in Southern Ireland I think... And if that's 2 with our population size, how many were scribbled in Japan, UK etc etc

Last edited:
Probley a good few. A lot more that we know and a good few are back on the road without anyone knowing . Would love 1 but really out of my budget At this stage :icon_sad: anyone wat to go halves in 1 ?

Probley a good few. A lot more that we know and a good few are back on the road without anyone knowing . Would love 1 but really out of my budget At this stage :icon_sad: anyone wat to go halves in 1 ?

Think I better just save for a nice Hawk WRX first. :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Back