07 bmw 535d m sport to a range rover sport

chris139ryan

Octane Boostaholics
As above I have the 535 now about 7-8 months and I am toying with the idea of trading it in for a range rover sport either 06-07.

Would I be mad to do this. I have always liked the looks of the rr sport but never driven one before and none of my mates have one so I don't no what they are like.

Any opinions are welcome

Mate of mine has an 08 one you would not believe the amount of money he has spent on it keeping it on the road over the last 2 years and that wouldn't include juice and tax
Thing is always up on a ramp air bags in the suspension is the last thing he replaced think he said 800 each not sure on that
Beautiful yoke to drive and be in but the maintenance on it is savage

I got one ready for.an nct about a year ago, 1 owner from new low mileage never used for pulling and it cost almost 2k to get it through the test. Mate of mine works for a main dealer and god help you if a turbo goes on it, chassis needs to be split from running gear apparently. Wouldnt touch one being honest, stick with the 535d in my opinion or go for an x5. On our 2nd one at home and find them great!!

old Boss sold one and absolute nightmare
diff failed whilst delivering the car to customer not to mention the money spent before sale
its a discovery on a different body and there a whore on juice aswell id imagine
if I was buying a Range Rover id only buy the big one just like if your buying a porsche it has to be the 911

Was a range rover main dealer in town here . Was a running joke that the dealership made more on fixing the things than they did on selling them .

They kept many a recovery truck busy around here .

The big one is ment to be great off road and just pure comfort
There is a 15 one in the estate I'm in jasus it's like a boat think they are all alloy and a bit lighter

if you have the money there the best yolk for being in day to day
then have your supercar for the odd spin :icon_grin:

Strangely enough a buddy of mine has had a 08 for last 5 years or so. He's ad very few problems ad has decided to drive it as long as possible cause he doesn't know anyone else that has one that hadn't had major heartache, so he reckons his s a keeper.

Personally I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole

There's always an exception to the rule
cars where every part wasn't assembled on a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning is what I always put such cars down too :thumb:

Yeah but British built yokes were the opposite to everything else colm . The would have one good car per week and the rest would have been thrown together :icon_grin:

There is about 10 of them outside the school my lad is in
And all driven by woman who can't park them cos they are so big so they block the whole place up lol.........I'm getting old

Back