2010 pajero 3.2 diesel

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
goin to look at a lbw 2010 commercial pajero on Saturday does anyone have any tips on what to look out for?
it doesnt have a hitch and the seller says it never had and theres 22" rims on it, would the big rims be bad for the drives etc.?
cheers johnny....

Do yourself a favor and buy a landcruiser Johnny. Might cost more now but better jeep and Will sell when you go to move it on . The only down side is finding a good 1 so more looking required .
Unless you really want a pajero :icon_grin:

Uncomfortable piles of dung .

Father bought one new and had it gone within the year . No good for pulling .

Land cruiser is far better machine . You get what ya pay for .

don't know what im after really joe just having a look at this one coz its a mates brothers yoke,
ive it narrowed down to a pajero,discovery,range rover or a pimped Isuzu dmax pick up

Uncomfortable piles of dung .

Father bought one new and had it gone within the year . No good for pulling .

Land cruiser is far better machine . You get what ya pay for .
pulling women or loads tommy:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Better chance of pulling a quaer one johnny because it wasn't fit to pull the skin off a bowel of soup :hammerhead:

It pains me to say this but out of that list the pajero is probley the best 1 but thats not saying much.do not but an Isuzu at any cost 1 of the Worst jeeps ever made . There's a reason you see so many landcruiser around :thumb:

Buy a forester and get it converted no?
Or impreza wagon
Luke did it before
obviously if your not doing much miles

3.2 Pajero not the worst, but the LWB Pajero would be a big plodding yoke compared to say a Disco which is much more composed and probably better off road.

22" probably grand for the road, but no good for off road and might be a tad crashy too and tyres will be way dearer in that size.

A lot of lads up my way giving out about the Landcruisers... they used to be the best jeep around but apparently the new ones have "soft drives" and not much good for full mountain off-roading compared to the ones from 10-15 years ago.

Isuzu Troopers were good when they were 3.1, but since the 3.0 lots of issues and the Dmax has the same soft 3.0 and poor traction on account of the rwd and lack of weight at the back (4wd only when selected, but not full time 4wd and normal driving rwd).

Lads seem to be going for the Ford Ranger and finding it hardier than most other stuff out there. I did drive the Ford Ranger as the brother in law has one and found it better than the LWB Pajero that my parents have. Theirs is an old 2.5 Pajero LWB in all fairness, which is the biggest dieselholic ever (about 20-22mpg on a good day and if you are drawing a trailer or horsing it along it will dip to 15-18mpg) and totally gutless (Tommy is on the money with the soup skin analogy).

I regularly service a disco and a landcruiser In work.
Disco does small mileage around town and landcruiser does big mileage around country. Landcruiser only ever needed servicing, disco has went through fuel pump, carrier bearing, wheel.bearings, hard on brakes,tyres, ball joints, cv joints, any time he comes in with it there is some big expenditure.

Hi Johnny

I sold every type of jeep from Hummers to Troopers up till 2010 so feel qualified to give a opinion.

Pajero,

Is a great jeep very very capable off road no problem pulling ect very few mechanical problems and extremely well equipped for the money.

things ull notice is its not as refined as the Land cruiser cabin noise engine noise ect and when driving try lift off the throttle and floor it and ull get the Pajero drive slap sounds nasty but just the way they are designed.

Pajero can be run in Rwdr which will will save a few pounds over the cruiser (Always 4wdr) Pajero were better value new lost more than cruiser so cheaper second hand and alot smarter looking esp in darker colours. Sold a ton of em. imports are called Showgun.

22 inch wheels shouldn't have caused a problem but like anything I'd go look at a few before buying.

Landcruiser,

If the budget can stretch to a minded one its the Jeep I'd buy swb or lwb great supple body control u can really drive em on engine, transmition,cabin noise ect all very well sorted extremely refined for what's essentially a workhorse (very nice Manual shift).

Very good off road too it's what I'd have out of anything mentioned. Followed by the right spec and colour pajero.

D Max,

e53656b11e4fa5f28f88ce567fe98f8a.jpg

Popular back in the day.
Coz I sold so many ran two as demos Dmax Crew cabs with engine chip 218bhp ???? manual and all the bits big wheels (18 not 20s 20s are terrable) tints ect gotta say the Chav in me loved em great fun getting such a big yolk sideways on a wet roundabout.

But

Not refined in any way crew cab so leaf springs in rear = bouncey/uncomfortable ride engine really noisey and zero power before 07 after that much better. Would I have one over the two above Nope.

Landrover bad idea to complacated to much to go wrong and It will go wrong alot.

However if we were in fantasy land (where I like to live ☺)

Best money no object jeep new model Range Rover (big proper one) always good got alot better few years back with introduction of The Tdv8 engine and new one now just fantastic.

Anyway back to the real world buy a Landcruiser or Pajero...

Hope that helps????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lad I know is a mechanic in the army they use the pejero he said they are grand yokes not very comfortable to be in but great off road
I had an old 2.8 one years ago great yoke off road had some crack in it mine was 7 seater with the extra high roof I loved it the head went in mine mad money to fix but it was a greatv jeep.

Did a lot of fishing back then colm took 5 of us every weekend into some heard to reach places and never once got stuck
Kids are on at me to get a jeep lol they want to head up the mountains in it on a Sunday lol

My brother bought a 3.2 LWB Pajero brand new in 2007 a year later he moved to Oz he liked it so much he got it shipped over and he is still driving it in Australia to this day,I know little about them but I know he swears by it and any time I drove it I really liked it.
I use to have a Pajero sport 2002 and it never gave me an ounce of bother I still regret selling it.
I think if you get a well minded one and continue to mind it I can't see what could be so bad about them.
I know a friend of mine has a land cruiser 2008 and it's been in and out of Toyota more times with injector problems it has sounded like a tractor from new and they never got it sorted,it still drives well but sounds like it's about to put out a rod!!
My advice buy what you like and what you want just Make sure it's not blowing like a train from the dip stick and it's sounds ok,it's easy to spot a jeep that was dogged of never serviced.
Check the gearbox in every gear high and low and diff lock if it has it.
And most of all best of luck[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so I went and had a look at the pajero earlier today and I have to say I wasn't impressed with it at at,
first off it was black and in the pics I was shown it looked very well but in the flesh it was horrible every panel had a mark or scratch on it and inside the back of it where the seats would have been smelt like piss and the plastic panels were fooked....
still took it for a test drive even though I had my mind made up to walk away from it and it felt like it was goin to tip over in the corners with the amount of body roll on the big rims....
15k he wanted for it, he'll be lucky if he ever sells it...and I couldn't even take a few fast pics of it on the phone as he was stuck to me like glue the cowboy...then as we were goin away he asked me did I want to do a straight swap for the holden

Back