On Car Brake Disc Maching Service

larSTI8

ISDC Club Member
As title says , Larkin Automotive will very soon be offering this service, this service is done with the brake disc still on the vehicle, so eliminating any run out , hub run out issues , brake disc thickness variation and saves you money!

No labour fitting/removing discs and no cost of purchasing new discs,

Will be using the latest technology in brake lathes, so guarantee top quality finish!

Ciaran

Had this done on a starlet years ago super job
I'd say the equipment has moved on since then
great service to be offering man

Happy to say this is now up and running, Machining is carried out using a Top of the range Pro Cut on car brake lathe, so it requires no brake disc removal.

We have all suffered from brake issues at some point, Vibrations under braking, poor feedback, Wobble in steering under braking etc, This can be caused by many variables , however thickness variations of the brake disc also known as runout(i.e warped disc) is the most common . Discs can warp for many reasons, and most commonly is from rapid cooling/heating, so after track days, emergency braking etc.

Also as some of our cars are stored and as result we suffer corrosion or piting of the disc surface.

The good news is this can be all sorted using our machining process, this is unlike a disc been skimmed on a bench lathe, as the benefits of this process is that the brake disc is machined perfectly to your own hub, So if your mounting hub were to have excess runout lets say, this will now be eliminated by machining the disc perfectly true for that axle. Our machining process compensates for basically any lateral runout giving you a perfect result.

Now the best part is all discs can be machined at least once, and is by far cheaper than replacing them, We can do this on any disc! solid , vented, drilled, groved and even floating.

Results speak themselves

on the car

This is a great service I feel to offer, and one that not many in Dublin can offer (im not actually aware of anyone!)

appreciate if you could pass on the info to any that may be interested.

Thanks

Ciaran

Remember wheeler dealer doing a similar thing to a Porsche Boxster episode few years back.

Great it's a option here too now looks the job well done Ciaran????.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back