Donedeal bargain 7 seater

Adrian Dunne

Octane Boostaholics
Well lads tuck a chance on a Renault Grand Scenic 2004 1.6 16v I got this as a stop gap and herself is looking for a 7 seater as we have two small lads and one big lad,and also want to get my Subaru off the road for a good clean up.
Picked it up for 350 euro the add said clutch gone and won't start!but the tyres were all new so I couldn't go wrong [emoji1]
Have it a week yesterday and it's now running like a dream,good bit of work done and it's still standing me under 1k just go's to show there are some bargains out there.
I know being a Renault it won't be long before I'm eating my words but so far so good[emoji106]

This is what's done so far:

Full service

Plugs

Filters

Oil

New Renault crank sensor

New clutch kit with release bearing

New gear oil

New 60AH battery

Rear gearbox mounting

Upper engine mounting

Two front discs 300mm

Front brake pads

That's it when I picked it up.
2e87e7f1f24101076bf7b5021ee13788.jpg

Clutch was well past it!
da6164c1d1b9262fb4baaa519d334655.jpg

fc3ae999cddb36fa4e1b136763754905.jpg

This is why it wouldn't start crank sensor was melted by the clutch Id say..
9d4e485a4922022ca2904099a543b68f.jpg

So stripping it out now for a full clean up.
cc69ac653f60ae611252b88279f236d1.jpg

Even found cool little Renault pump with all the tool kit in the boot.
24dd62048ed08bc4f19197e3c1cdefdd.jpg

Only thing I didn't look at yet is I have an electric hand brake fault,hope it's not a major problem but I'll pull it all out and have a look.
If there is any Renault experts here Id appreciate any advice[emoji106]just don't tell me to burn it I'm in too deep now[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's alot of car for the money and when you can do the work and have the time you can't go wrong

It's alot of car for the money and when you can do the work and have the time you can't go wrong

That's the way I'm looking at it and it keeps Pam of my back to sell Subaru of trade for 7 seater,it's turning out better than I thought so could be a keeper for a while once it's not a money pit.
It has air con and 7 seats so she seems happy[emoji120]

Fair play man ????

You must be running out of things to do to that saxo????????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ya no problem Ciaran are ya doing the club track day?ill be bringing the Saxo to there for sure[emoji106]and this time I'll have the seat in[emoji106]

Ya no problem Ciaran are ya doing the club track day?ill be bringing the Saxo to there for sure[emoji106]and this time I'll have the seat in[emoji106]

Sure am once it goes ahead

great can't wait thanks ????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Only 14 deposits taken, not looking great at the moment but hopefully people pull the finger out soon

It's prop the cheapest track day ya will do all year'It would be my first ISDC track day,we pay 200 euro for one time attack event for about 50 mins track time[emoji30]

Handbrake is big money to fix. Common fault on the grand scenic. Think part is 700e

Handbrake is big money to fix. Common fault on the grand scenic. Think part is 700e

Oh no hope it's not some on the Renault forums are saying they cables get stuck and need freeing then reset,I'll check later on when I take it apart,hope it's not that module problem[emoji53]

The cables can stick alright and from what our mechanic says is its a common fault on the grand scenic. Not as common on the 5 seater scenic

Ya seems like a lot of these have been giving this trouble,pity they didn't stick with a normal hand brake!!

As Johnny said Burn it :icon_grin:
Your a brave man Adrian lol
ah to be fair at that money you cant go wrong
but about 4 years ago i bought a laguna estate
leather xenons sun blinds big sunroof had everything you could want
6 months later i had to get out
and never again
the stuff that goes wrong is just breath taking
but hey you can do everything yourself so youll be grand and should be viable
all the best with her :thumb:

Cheers Colm I know these can be a time bomb with electrical problems,but lucky enough I love hardship.
If I get it through an NCT I'll be happy to keep it as long as we need then flog it.

See a lot of them around.
Wouldn't be my thing, but with so many around should be handy enough to pick up bits and pieces.
Couldn't really go wrong at the money you have her standing you Adrian -- and as the lads said, there's always the "gallon of thinners" fix if all goes awry.

The father bought a 2005 407sw 2.0 petrol automatic today. Lots of niggles with them too.
Tried my best to talk him out if it, but he loved it despite fact that loads of little things not working and sketchy service history etc... and guess where he'll turn when more stuff breaks and he wants it fixed :doh:

Back