Swapping a engine that is mapped will old map work in new car

redlad81

Sunday Drivers
Could I swap a remapped 01 wrx engine into a 94 jap wrx wagon ej20g ? I own both cars and wondering if I could change maps or would it have to go get mapped?

Yes but you.ll have to swap wiring loom aswell so dash clocks and all do its a big job enough . Someone else will have a better idea but thats as far as i know :thumb:

Yes but you.ll have to swap wiring loom aswell so dash clocks and all do its a big job enough . Someone else will have a better idea but thats as far as i know :thumb:

Ya I know it is but have everything there to do it from other car I just wanna know if I can switch maps myself or if it will have to be remapped? The switch to change maps is in the window defroster switch so I would have to sort that ? Dunno much about it

the window defroster is just pinned back into the ECU so when you swap the harness over everything comes across with it. You'd have to use the newage dash/clocks as well which may not fit too easily into the classic.

It might be easier to fit the engine, match up the engine loom the the sensors etc. from the old engine and then get the original classic ECU mapped (or replaced with mappable ECU) and then setup to suit. At least you could keep whats inside the car the same as it is now and only have to mess about under the bonnet. Depends how set you are on the idea.

Ya looking at the dash don't think the clocks fit anywhere near the old dash in shape !! Right don't know now but is it possible to keep the clocks and mate them up to new loom?? Is it because of the mileage reading that you need the clocks?

Just looking at Jamietype r thread and he has a ecutek licensed ecu could that be any use to me here?

Back