what snowfoam

tommy 555

Member Number 935
so what snowfoam is everyone using ,

bought my last batch on a scoobyireland group buy 5 years ago ,

im sure there must be improvements in whats available since then ,

so what ya recommend :subaru1:

I use the Chemical Guys Maxi Suds. Good texture and dwelling time once you find the right mix.

I personally got fed up using expensive snow foam as I was not getting near the results they promise for the price they are.

I currently use carplan hi foam wash from halfords which costs 13e for 5 litres and it does as good a job if not better. Bang a small bit of proper shampoo in the bottle for more ticker foam for heavy soiled cars or for me for my wheel wash regime.

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-tra...mpoo-polish-wax/carplan-trade-hi-foam-wash-5l

I am going to shell out doe for bilt hammer auto foam for the winter as it comes highly recommended.

Have heard orchard stuff is supposed to be good , may look into it ,

need wheel cleaner soon 2 , nearly out of that 2 i noticed ,

think i will look into orchard and bilt hammer products

Going to bring up this old thread as no point in starting a new one. Possibly the same information may come up. I just purchased a karcher K4 power washer and their foam attachment as came with the deal. I have heard others are better but as i will have it i'm going to use it for the short term anyway. What snow foam are people recommending these days? would be for my daily driver and most likely a weekly wash. Thanks

Haha, started reading from the top and didn't notice the dates. Thought alot of the older gang had rejoined the club lol

Cleanyourcar.co.uk

Take a look on there. They have reviews up for most products so will give a good idea how good a product is .
Buy a proper snow foam lance . The karcher ones are poor enough .

I'll chime in my recent buys. Got Bilt Hamber Auto wheel cleaner and will be trying it first time on some heavily soiled wheels from using Carbone Lorraine pads. Also re snowfoam, we are gonna be using the Bilt Hamber one. As a maintainace wash, Auto Finesse Lather was recommended after the car will be finished with the Sonax Extreme Protect +Shine Hybrid.

Keep an eye on my Instagram on Saturday during the whole day for updates as I have a fair few new things I'm trying out for this detail. All bought from Slims Detailing which was very quik to despatch the order via Dpd Couriers[emoji4]

70e0c6386829e633b00298b0afa9a7a0.jpg
6a0beaebf01fdc67837cb164c21b7f8e.jpg

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

This lad isn't bad to deal with. Good stuff
Autopia.ie
f985399545a7c782d4f7a561754e843d.jpg
09414a7c9bcf3bb7f3f0d2d8217e489b.jpg
3886ee41ac5fbfe82323d52ae376b4ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Go to Terenure car show next Sunday and ask Damian at the AutoGlym stand to sort you out with trade 5lt etc. he will look after you and save a fortune be my advice
generally car products are like shampoo mainly similar with different scents
every new product better than the next but i have yet to see a car this year cleaner than last year or 5 years etc.
just buy trade and avoid retail silly talk

Cheers for the heads up. I also recently used the bilt hamber for the wheels and was very impressed with it. I did also use a brush to rub it in even more before hosed it off. Yes unfortunately i cannot make this Sunday as i will be at a wedding otherwise i would loved it to be a first meet for me. I will certainly take the advise above and yes the trade deals are always the best. Maybe another time he might be available.

I've yet to find anything to rival Bilt Hamber other than citrus prewashes. I'd say I've tried almost all of them. :D

Autoglym Polar Blast.....thats following directions. If you add more its like pure sludge and just sits on the car.....good stuff
bbbe49e48d0341f836563d4391843e00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cheers for the posts lads. After Colm suggested autogl, i gave Damien a call saying wouldn't make the show this weekend and got talking to him for a good 10 minutes and sole me on the polarblast. I picked a bottle up from halfords with a 10% discount so not bad price. He said not worth while meeting just for that alone but a gent of a guy. Will see how it works out once the powerwasher arrives.

Might get the eyes from the neighbours if i wash the car in this drought though. :facepalm:

Back