08 Hatch

Thanks for the info lads,

I'm in two minds now to be honest, gonna have another look at it tomorrow and decide.

I like the idea of a 2.0 hatch but im not in the market for a car to pour a pile of money into it.....I do enough of that with my rallycross cars!!

Well if it hasn't had a rebuild you may budget for 1 so somewhere between 2500/5000 depending on spec and how far you want to go with it .

Thanks lads for all the info regarding the possible engine issues, but.........sometimes you gotta just go for it!

Arrived 2 weeks ago (i've been up to my eyes and not had a chance to report!)

Ah, what a car, my 4th Impreza and hands down the best of them all. 42K miles, fsh, early 08 so cheaper tax, clutch is an on/off jobbie so tricky around the slow bits but manageable....6th gear motorway driving isn't too bad for an sti....de tour across Sallys Gap on Sunday night......enough said!

If can PM me or post up the full reg can find out was it Kens.

If it was it had an engine done under warranty at only 9k miles :-(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nice motor, good luck with it. I've been driving one the last few years. Best car I've ever owned and never had any problems with the engine. Warm her up before bringing revs up too high, keep an eye on the engine oil level, they do burn a bit with enthusiastic driving and you should be grand.

im loving the hatch lately they have really grown on me ,best of luck with it man get out and enjoy it now .

Savage as above Hatch really grown on me too will we see you at a meet in this need your and Paul hatch at Cars and Coffee or dublin night meets ☺????????????

Savage as above Hatch really grown on me too will we see you at a meet in this need your and Paul hatch at Cars and Coffee or dublin night meets ☺????????????

Ive a van for work so any excuse to get it out for a spin sounds good to me!

Its an MH reg, Its not Ken's old car... I remember his car when it first arrive on the scene.

Im the same, wasnt mad gone on the hatch when it was first introduced but liking them now.

Cars and Coffee On 1st sunday of every month Peter usually round 5 lads from the club head up sone very nice metal on display too if I'm not working and can go to next one can meet you roll down together if u like????

I have owned the Hatch for a few months now. Ive not done any mega miles in it but have taken a few trips to the West and the odd Sunday to Mondello (I was behind the wheel of the safety car so didn't have the Impreza on track)

The exhaust while sounds awesome is a tad loud on the motorway and has thrown up a check engine light which C and R informed me was because the cat has been removed. A full standard exhaust arrived from the Uk last week so that will get fitted in the next few days (the aftermarket Titanium one that is on it at the moment cost a reported €3k) I'm also after a standard airbox too in my quest to return it to factory spec.

Back