08 Hatch

Peter1234

Hi all,

I've been away from Subaru ownership for a few years now, in fact away from actual car ownership altogether (work van!) Some of you may remember me,

Anyhow, i've been offered an 08 MH sti hatch and was wondering if anyone knew any history on the car. Not sure if I should put the reg up but cant have been many 08 MH Sti's, Its a Uk car originally.

Im aware of the sti 2.5 woes some have had as I have been lurking in the background!!

I see some familiar names are still around!

The car is blue with a set of silver Prodrive wheels

It was taken in as a trade in by a buddy of mine, 42k miles, full history. I took it for a spin today, could have been a bad idea....for my bank balance!

Was sitting in one today I like the look and feel of them super stance on the road very wide

Well peter I have an 08 sti hatch and I have to say I love it you have the comfort and power all in the one package
But just make sure you get the engine checked as they reckon they are made of chocolate and know for spitting out there doddys including my own one which had a fully forged engine build with receipts to prove
That was the only thing I was warned about from a good few people other than that beautiful car

dont enter into buying a 2.5 if your not prepared for a rebuild and the road tax , be very lucky to avoid rebuilding one .

be prepared

Look at scoobynet . Look at the American clubs . All have the Ringland and head gasket issues . These require engine out .

If I were buying I'd be looking for one cheap or one that's had the issues addressed all ready .

think iv seen the hatch in question about the navan area , but couldnt tell you any more than that bar its always very clean looking . the hatch model has really grown on me and our own toms is the finest example you'll find but the whole 2.5 failure problemand they high tax is a MAJOR deterrent .

think iv seen the hatch in question about the navan area , but couldnt tell you any more than that bar its always very clean looking . the hatch model has really grown on me and our own toms is the finest example you'll find but the whole 2.5 failure problemand they high tax is a MAJOR deterrent .

Buy one engine gone. 2.1 stroker. Stamp back to 2.0L tax.

Ye seems to be the only way to buy one is with engine gone or fresh rebuild. Think there's something about main dealer having to stamp book for change from 2.5 to 2.0 so not sure on cost there or if they would even do it . Would be way more hatch,s in the country if they had to leave them 2.0 .

Ye seems to be the only way to buy one is with engine gone or fresh rebuild. Think there's something about main dealer having to stamp book for change from 2.5 to 2.0 so not sure on cost there or if they would even do it . Would be way more hatch,s in the country if they had to leave them 2.0 .
Be like €50 to stamp one with visual inspection.

There is no hatches because they changed the tax bracket in June 2008 to €2250 a year road tax €1080 is more than enough to be paying

Back