Nice few basic mods to the Wrx very intresting brake test for ebc Red/yellow

Also to say thats what caused poor braking performance because of pin loose is totally bollix to be honest.

You made no comment or attempt to mention that you sourced and found a replacement r clip etc to hold the pin on place.

Absolute just screams a totally fabricated story. Really??

It's a Guess that it was causing poor brake performance could have been lots of things mabay I boiled fluid who knows thanks for the professional input though ????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The R clip is used as a safety clip/pin same as say a spilt pin on a castle ball joint nut.

It comes down to installer. Its a safety aspect

Fair enough mabay it's the Internet then but you don't come across great saying something I made a guess at is.. "Bollox" and "it screams of fabrication"

I'll know more tomorrow though cheers

Great?

you just made a comment on a product with zero facts.

Made a comment on a pin loose that even joe said you would notice a mile away.

And then come back to me and say i will know more tomorrow

Regarding pads, its different strokes for different folks, when on track I like a certain pad, on road I like another, and I listen to other peoples experiences, but everybody likes a car to feel a certain way whilst driving/racing. Hence why various setups are used.

Ciaran contacted me to do some brake work on his car, his brakes did not feel the same according to him since the track day , so he opted to replace pads all round and replace fluid. On arrival before the wheels were even removed I noticed the front brake pins were completely loose (ie nearly about to fall out) pad to rear disc free too move as not retained.

The retaining clips are gone, either not fitted or loose etc (ive no idea who fitted them before and no interest in that either)

The reason Ciaran may have not noticed this is he probably never looked closely and hasn't a trained eye either , so he took it to a professional.

He also will not know how car is until tomorrow, as its awaiting another part and I have been racing all weekend

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding

Cheers Ciaran looking forward to getting her back when various bits complete ????

Spring could have broke then, as I installed the last set of pads and spring was definitely put in. Either way good job there sorted most important part on a car .

It's happened me before same issue don't know if the spring broke or was just weak but when I checked it was gone and one pin gone remaining pin near out

Very strange for a clip to break.
At least it's sorted .
Ciaran I'm surprised your getting away with the wrx brakes on track with that power

Looks like I didn't get away totally with it baz ????

Even though I've spent a few pounds on the wrx 4 pots to get them to where I thought they were good

New disks groved and dimpled
5.1 fluid
Goodridge braded hoses
And "performance" pads

fine for fast road not for track it seems loads been telling me the 4 pots are shite for a while guess when it comes to track work ill agree esp in a newage.

They are great brakes in fairness for fast road and track on a classic with about 300-320hp but after that no . So a bit heavier new age would be worse again

Its all learning experience for me Barry nearly 3 years in a Subaru now yea Brembos or Ap the only job considered getting Ap for the front but at 2k gbp I'd want to win some money ????

Iv done more track work than 90% of this club with the exception of a few and iv done it all on four pots and grooved discs

wagon dec

Yup but as said before you don't brake ???? ☺

Plus you know what your doing I don't..

As proven above (by staying out to long)????

Last edited:
But then why spend 2k on brakes spend a few quid on tuition first then if still needed buy your brakes

wagon dec

I'd check myself into the nut house if I spent that on brakes Dec no way much as I like em

But yea totally agree traning the way forward lots learnt from the last day too ????

i've seen these brake a few times, only on tracked or hard driven cars. wonder if they should be a servicable item on track going cars. joe power has four pots on his type r with bigger discs(nearly sure its a godspeed kit), watch his videos - hardest man on brakes i've ever seen. went for a passenger lap once, never again. if your going to stay out for long stints you'll most likely have to fit a pad that will be nasty for road use. shorter stints or two sets of pads.

Back