Nice few basic mods to the Wrx very intresting brake test for ebc Red/yellow

i know ebc aren't hugely expensive compared to others, but how do they have the neck to call them a performance pad.

ebc have never failed with me on track both carbone Lorraine and mintex racing have and they are called performance pads

Must be the magic Green and red paint not a fan after using yellows. No better than standard pad I found. Ds2500 is all I.ll use now.
But everyone has there own pad they like it's like oil :thumbsup:

i killed yellow stuff in less than 10 mins on the spec c, same set of cl rc8 on it for two years

Got thease today ☺
b54bd76bcebdd27d8fd3900aef5bda76.jpg

rc8 are a race pad though have you ever used rc5 in anger,thats what I killed in a half day in the bug wagon yellowstuff would always do two trackdays or 15 laps on the ring for me

Yea Ciaran me too nice simple right mods for a Wrx great daily
Auto though is a no no ????

Bit embarrassing for ebc though fair play to yer an for reporting it properly

rc8 are a race pad though have you ever used rc5 in anger,thats what I killed in a half day in the bug wagon yellowstuff would always do two trackdays or 15 laps on the ring for me

i've used rc5 on the rear, have used rc6 in front on fast road.
ds2500 would be pad of choice for fast road, can't fault them
ds3000 in the touring car, take a bit to heat up, but take dogs abuse and pedal is great

Used Rc5 on front of mine before good stopping power to noisey too much dust and eat my disks like they were butter never again

Since there's been so much Ebc bashing recently I found out something thats worth knowing and thought I'd share...

the retaining pin on one of the Calipers had worked loose and it ment that the pad could move around a good bit this is most likely the cause of the poor braking performance since track day.

My own personal opinion on yellows is I found them a big upgrade on the Cl Rc5+ not good cold but up over wicklow on a long run zero fade when warm and great pedal feel no noise, but alot of dust just like the Rc5.

Out on mondello they didn't fade either I had assumed that the pads were glassed (smooth from over heat) or smashed up by the groves
They are in good nick infact.

So Not ebc yellows fault having said that my mate got Reds for his old porker had em on for a week and went back to oem quality pads said they are bloody useless

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The pin would have to come out nearly 40mm for it to be out of the inside pad Even after a quick look at the wheels this would be noticeable even with the wheel on. Might even Hit the inside of the wheel depending on clearance.

There's a ton of clearance between 4 pots and the Revs Joe..

cant sat i noticed it myself but I didnt look very closely pin only came out a bit but enough that they were loose in the caliper

Since there's been so much Ebc bashing recently I found out something thats worth knowing and thought I'd share...

the retaining pin on one of the Calipers had worked loose and it ment that the pad could move around a good bit this is most likely the cause of the poor braking performance since track day.

My own personal opinion on yellows is I found them a big upgrade on the Cl Rc5+ not good cold but up over wicklow on a long run zero fade when warm and great pedal feel no noise, but alot of dust just like the Rc5.

Out on mondello they didn't fade either I had assumed that the pads were glassed (smooth from over heat) or smashed up by the groves
They are in good nick infact.

So Not ebc yellows fault having said that my mate got Reds for his old porker had em on for a week and went back to oem quality pads said they are bloody useless

Hi.

How would it come loose without noticing???

If the pin came loose then the retaining pin was not installed on last brake pad change.

Who installed.?

Hard to see it happening without it being noticeable tbh. I.d expect the back retaining spring to be gone aswell then if so then It could have broke or something .

Last edited:
Back