Become a non-subaru household?

@ciaran the last rs was listed at 48910 by the time the government twits were finished with it, the same car in the UK was 25000 ford have said they want sub 30k stg price on the new one unless the emissions is really low (which it's supposed to be) I think it will be mid 50s which will kill sales here going by the golf price

wagon dec

Yup bloody mentol how cheap is the Golf R in the UK though must be like 8k ????????????

Bloody muppets in government
Is it my imagination or was the Sti Hatch round 65 euro back in 2008???

And Evo 10 bout 70???????????????

Crazy stuff

Do ye not think it's the most boring looking car ever made, or am I on my own with that taught

wagon dec

Yeah it's very toned down alright
But that's golfs for ya
But it's a cheap car
So I'd buy it for that
Deffo have one in a few years

You have to hand it to a maker who slashed the price
It's a great move
There's a gap there at present and they have been smart enough to fill it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder would it be worth Paul looking into Carrol and Roach or Subaru Ireland pricing a New 2015 Sti Irish times article few months back est pricing at 45 euro (don't beleve that) but be great if true apart from the monster tax

Paul sorry for throwing another ford at you but have you driven a focus st they are excellent value 38k Base price 250 bhp and 360nm torque Road tax is only 481 euro a year I know it's not 4x4 but they handle really well and with the mountune pack it's 280 and over 400 nm torque with full warranty. Also in that bracket the megane rs is an excellent drive but resale wouldn't be great

wagon dec

golf looks to run of the mill nothing stands or jumps out at you like it should over a standard 1.6 golf . There on the money regards price , tax and gap in the market . the body it just not bold enough a wider arch and a differant front bumper would make a huge differance .
New subaru ownership is out the window in this country with the cost and tax price . Hell even the new outback now is 50k that just mentol

That's all fake sounds got a "Sound generator" comes in above 4000 rpm

Just like the M5 the Clio Rs ect ect Not like our good old Scooby Rumble ????

Has anyone priced the new sti here? Where does it stand price wise in relation to the golf r and new rs in the UK?

If it were me in the ops position I don't think I'd be letting the hatch go . I'd be thinking buy a golf gtd and running her as a daily and keeping the hatch as a summer car . Put her on the road for 6 months when there might be a bit of summer sun . 600 to tax . Golf gtd is low tax as it's diesel so still paying less on tax in the long run . The hatch is not going to get a good trade in value so a straight deal might be better than a trade deal . Put the wife on the golf's insurance and keep the scooby in his own .

Imo the last rs focus is a lovely fast hatch but I didn't enjoy the drive compared to my hawk . And the St used to have a lovely sounding 5 cylinder motor but I believe the new one is a 4 pot so it's not got that something special to set it apart as an individual car over a tdi focus . Just my opinion .

Golf r is to plain for my tastes . So focus looks with golf price is the ideal imo

The extra tax works out at €2.55 a day over what you have.This is just a thought but if you're willing to spend that sort of money on a car, why not buy the Impreza in the uk, even after vrt, you'll probably save over buying it here so negates the tax difference. Then when you want rid, give it back to the garage in the UK and claim a vrt refund while selling it for way more than it would be worth here.

I know the tax seems ridiculous but in comparison to the cost price of the car, its not really (speaking in local irish terms, not international value for money). I'm paying €1500 a year for a 10 year old A6 sure, now that's ridiculous!!

Back