Become a non-subaru household?

@graham focus rs cars are trading for 18-23 k in the UK they were only 25 k new in 2010 so that agreement doesn't stand up really

wagon dec

Argument :) I'm not agreeing with you!
That's a fair point but your talking old fwd model not new 4wd model.

If we could see the future would both new models of both makes..... In 5 years be making more or less?
Or would the focus command more than an R...

Only asking don't eat me... :)

Ha know that feeling mines a daily tough to keep em minty fresh there's mine
7948b58dda4bf4292c9dd4152378a626.jpg

Last edited:
???? not eating you man I don't know what the golf will trade at or the rs but I would reckon the rs will still command a premium

wagon dec

The last rs was also a 3 door, I think the new one is a 5 door so hard to know if it will command the same sort of premium as the last version. I've seen a few golf r around so values may not hold up as well as I assume rs will be way LESS common. But there's a big difference in the initial price too

Last edited:
Ye it's hard to know what way they will go, what about the Mercedes a45 amg or are they mental money

wagon dec

Ye it's hard to know what way they will go, what about the Mercedes a45 amg or are they mental money

wagon dec
Don't know about yet the merc but I assume mad money. There's the s3 too which is the same as the golf but probably less reliable and more cash too

Cool likewise????

Dec say the Amg 65 plus at least
Rem there being a Rs3 for sale on carzone a while back for 75 ???? so could it be apoaching that ??????????????

Just goes to show how far behind subaru are 570 tax 360 bhp from a 2.0 that's a bloody clean engine ????

personally ,id go with the golf over the focus as i would consider it a superior car in both looks department and overall , but id also agree the ford would be more of a drivers car , with more street and rally credibility .

The Focus can't be that price surely Dec? Rumours from the UK is it's going to be in the same price bracket as the new Civic TypeR and cheaper than the Golf R. New Civic TypeR landed over here should be between €38k-€39k and €700 road tax.

I'd go for the golf r
Plenty around rathfarnham already
There selling well
Hard to beat at the price there at now and that would be the deciding factor for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that new Rs too fact it has 4wdr and a 350+ motor makes it very cool however think the fact it doesn't have the Wide body from the last Rs is a pitty but that's the pice for going for a global platform but the Rs is going to be savage to drive I've no doubt in that but if the Type R is going to be around 40 euro here (can't see that happening as yen to euro/gbp neatly always makes Japan imports very expensive compared to there rivals.

The Ford can't be knocking on the door of 60 euro can it? ? Or are they pricing it to compete with the likes of the Amg A45/Rs3 / M235i"Premium" hot hatches??

Suppose it will be comparable considering the new Rs will have aprox 350 bhp...

Problem is "if" the Rs is in that range and the Type R is 40ish the Golf R 43ish that's a big difference for not a huge performance gap

Makes the Golf R a performance bargin

@Paul did you drive the Dsg R ?
Quicker and nicer to live with day to day

Sister has a Mk5 Gti Dsg now has a MK7 Dsg Performance cracking drive ..
09202efa7afbabd1ae990403c3b972d4.jpg

Last edited:
Back