ISDC Half day/Full day Trackday at Mondello anyone?? Please vote regardless

Who would be up for a this? I'll suss out price and availablity!

• Total voters
Hi Dan,

You could have a word with jenny there, she organises the open days but should probably be able to help. :thumbsup:

I'd say you've talked with her before booking your yourself in for the open days

BTW - this would be a great idea, I remember a post before where some people were saying it used to be booked by the ISDC and sometimes went halves with the Porsche owners club to split the bill

Does anyone still have any contact with them to see if they might split it with us this time? :dunno:

The Porsche club will not share with us anymore. It may have something to do with €80-€120k cars being humiliated by Jap rice burners. :wazzup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahem

:thumbsup:

[quote author=Cill link=topic=5076.msg56818#msg56818 date=1201172608]
Does anyone still have any contact with them to see if they might split it with us this time? :dunno:
[/quote]
I do, but there's no point in contacting them if they have already said they won't share the day. Who can confirm that?

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=5076.msg56824#msg56824 date=1201175069]
The Porsche club will not share with us anymore. It may have something to do with €80-€120k cars being humiliated by Jap rice burners. :wazzup:
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd love to see a 999 turbo getting b!tch whipped by someones tuned up classic or better yet Dan;s forrester :dance: :nana:

It would really put them in their place! :subaru:

Their probably afraid to race against the flat 4's, not because of the cost of their cars but because the Subaru drivers would beat them down :headbanger:

I spoke to jenny! She said that the prices aren't up to her and that the fact that some of us and myself have put alot of business with them in the past wouldn't help with any discounts!! :cry:
SO the damage is as follows!
International track!(the big one used on open trackdays!) is
€5750 + VAT@21% for a half day (€6957 inc)
€8750 + VAT@21% for a full day (€10587inc)

National track ( small one used at japfest) is
€3750 + VAT@21% for a half day (€4537inc)
€6750 + VAT@21% for a full day (€8167inc)
These prices include 3rd party insurance (incase someone gets hurt, so we aren't liable) , an ambulance crew and marshels!

I dont know if the isdc can do something with the VAT situation?? And there are no weekends available till november and bookings are still coming in strong!
there are alot of mid week dates available though,
What you's think??
It might be an idea to just book out an open day or a vip day. eg. every body ring about 6 weeks in advance of a trackday and so we would all be there at the same time??
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=5076.msg57067#msg57067 date=1201214740]
It might be an idea to just book out an open day or a vip day. eg. every body ring about 6 weeks in advance of a trackday and so we would all be there at the same time??
Dan
[/quote]

That's what we tried to do for August 07. Had 10-12 names on a list, put an option to pay in the club shop up on the thread....18 days later nobody had availed of it therefore the idea was cancelled.

As mentioned already, it's worth talking about at the AGM, seems like every year loads of people are on for it but it never actually happens :dunno:

40 cars at 10.6k is 265 a man...its normally 300 for a full day ....if we got 30 from the club and 10 friends ???

I think we need to join in on a normal trackday and see how many cars we get before looking at booking the track ourselves. Last year when we set it up for Aug there was alot of people on holiday etc so maybe this year we leave it till a little later and we should get half decet numbers to go down ?

Damo

love to do it,but plain facts are that it never works out.Every year its mentioned,chatted,discussed,trshed out......nobody puts the money up when being organised.
Since i joined a couple of years back there has been great interest but not great numbers to attend.
There was even talk of going up north for Kirkistown,all the ground work done with dates,prices and discounts and nobody bothered to turn up except me and Turbo
Best bet to leave it alone and LET PEOPLE ORGANISE IT THEMSELVES and not get high hopes of big numbers promising to go and pulling out at last minute :angry:Too much effort for people to put in and not get the results they deserve.

Last year there was a good list on the forum to attend,nearer the date,,i'm not goin,my car cost too much,i' afraid,muppets on the track,too expensive etcexcuse after excuse
I feel so much better now,got that off my chest,just as well nobody eas in the chatroom :lol:

[quote author=Renno link=topic=5076.msg57173#msg57173 date=1201253310]
I think we need to join in on a normal trackday and see how many cars we get before looking at booking the track ourselves. [/quote]

I think that's a good idea. Keep it simple. I'm going for the morning session on the VIP day on 8th Feb. Anyone else from here thinking of attending?

How many Mondello Trackday members are there in the club?

If we all got together for at least one VIP trackday that would be great and maybe we could get some of those contemplating having a go at a trackday to come along and see what its all about.

I dont think Mondello have given out new VIP membership for long time so it looks like only VIP members will be allowed to drive on VIP days sop that would rule that out for non VIP members wanting to try that option leaving but obviously they could drive at the Mondello open days.

Frawls

VIP trackdays are usually done during the week, s that would make it awkward for alot of people to attend,
The first day is usually very busy (That's usually paddy's day) but this year it's the 6th of march so alot of the trackday junkies like Me and B4heaven will have gotten our fix then so paddy's day wont be so hectic!! So that would be a good day!
August is a bad time for holidays as said before and October (being the last day of the year) is alway very busy with lads burning the last few mm of there tyres before letting there skyline :whistle: I mean car rest for the winter!
So Paddy's day or May would be good options!
I know we have'nt managed to get this working before, But it's worth trying!
I'm already booked in for every trackday this year so if all who are interested was to ring jenny on 045860200 and book in for even a halfday on March 17th or May 4th We could have a hugh ISDC turnout :dance: :dance: We could rent a garage on the pit lane (incase it raining and I'll have my van there for storing spares and tools) Maybe even a gas hob for a few burgers and such :whistle: I know ther catering staff might not approve but :nana:
So what do you's reckon!!!
Dan

i reckon you need to build a track in the back garden dan :lol: :lol: :noway:

hope it works for ya :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm afraid i bairly have room for a scalectrick trach in my back garden! :cry:
Dan

Back