drag racing , and burn outs

Am I the only person that thinks that's pure stupidity? Look how narrow the road is & how close the spectators are. Anything goes wrong & could be multiple casualties

The reason for the smoke is from the air fuel ratio being lowered to near petrol ratios, most diesel engines run at near 20/1 or higher so very lean, it's the only way diesel is clean. when you bring to near ideal burning mixture diesel engines make massive power but trade off is massive smoke, as for the twisting all trucks are built on a ladder frame chassis so twisting motion is not an issue they can twist a lot and return to original shape, I think it's a bit nuts and I love it :)

wagon dec

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=44440.msg513494#msg513494 date=1428831942]
Am I the only person that thinks that's pure stupidity? Look how narrow the road is & how close the spectators are. Anything goes wrong & could be multiple casualties
[/quote]

Someone's getting old and senceable gone are the days of just going in for a look now your analysing if it's safe or not :1poke: :1poke: bring back the fun Brian :icon_biggrin: :icon_grin:

You're probably right Dec

I think it happens when you become a parent...suddenly you become responsible

[/quote]

Ahhhh captain sensible!!!

It's called natural selection... If you're dumb enough to stand behind a plastic barrier as a 16 ton truck pisses past then you're too stupid to understand how ridiculous a sport that is!!

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=44440.msg513506#msg513506 date=1428833150]

[/quote]

+1 :)

I most have missed the memo ???? iv been a parent for 15 years I think she has more sense than me ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????

wagon dec

Most men never grow up my dad still a young fella at heart with him there few weeks ago he's driving his t sport corolla ripping it into the high lift 68 years young ????

[quote author=WAGON DEC... link=topic=44440.msg513502#msg513502 date=1428832709]
@sti Brian somebody is getting old ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????

wagon dec

[/quote]

He's been going down hill big time lately .

Scooby was keeping him young I'd say

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=44440.msg513506#msg513506 date=1428833150]

[/quote]

+2[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

With this attitude, it will end up just like with Group B WRC - forbidden and cancelled. Those ppl are standing there on their own will and fully cautious, that its not the safest thing to do. Nobody forces them to stand there. Natural selection.

I hate the fact, that today when I go on Concert, I cannot take anyone on my shoulders no more, I cannot go with beer in, I am being restricted everyfuckingwhere - its my choice to go and stand in middle of the road during the races - stupid, but its my choice to decide, organizers nor drivers should never be held responsible for it, only me as I was the one who went there.

If your gonna put on an event people have to be safe
I agree with you about the concert and stuff like that health and safety is a joke sometimes.
but rolling mass like that hoppping down the road is madness
few years ago I would have been hanging over that barrier lol but as the rest of the lads said kids change your way of thinking big-time
anywhere I go now I'm looking for the exits and way out ha ha I'm getting old.

Health and safety is a bit over the top but without it people would be killed left right and centre .I remember been at a monster truck show near wicklow town a good many years ago and the safety barrier was a bit of rope around some fence posts and the dodgy old monster trucks were flat out . More than dangerous imo but would never go ahead now a day thankfully . Funny thing is in my opinion is the ones that complain about health and safety are the first to lodge a compo claim if there affected by an accident . Seen it all to often in work .

Well, I first time it stroke me was when I was reading about 'speed limit on Nurburgring'. Well, yes, someone got killed behind barriers, sh*t happens, put huge blinking sign in there saying something like 'this is very dangerous area to stand and watch, solely on viewer's risk', let the visitors sign papers with explanation and off we go.

I kinda understand, that those here providing for families are a bit more concerned, but then again, if you seen this sign, would you go in there?

Don't think I'd need a sign to tell me to stay well away
I just think we are getting old
can't get over the amount of smoke from them things :turbo:

Back