Need a new exhaust for the car. Any ideas lads?

Grahamo spec c

ISDC Club Member
Have a full zero/sports system including race cat.

Back bock pipe has developed a crack so think I'll change the lot after the cat.

Question is will other systems fit onto the zero/sports cat or will I need to change the lot..?

Think of Hks or blitz for a change...

Any ideas please :thumbsup:

If it tapers down to 2.5 inch graham any sysyem will fit from a impreza the only difference is the downpipes on some cars :thumbsup:

Gordon nearly sure it 70mm 3.5 inch all the way through.
So not sure now what to do.

Buy a complete system and new sport cat and sell old system.

Any advice on Hks or blitz? Don't want something mad loud for driving or Nct...

blitz is gonna be mad loud but would suit you down to the ground as it sounds not unlike a superbike on full chat - do a search for some of nick spec c's videos on here to get an idea how it sounds. you can always buy the blitz bung just for nct time too :icon_grin:

Did a lot research on this when buying for my old blob sti, hks silent hi power makes most power and Is quiet on low idle and sweet on high revs, passed NCT no problem, very expensive grahomo but fantastic quality, bob rawle recommends the system check out his website, bought my system from Murray Motorsport Dublin :thumbsup:

Thanks pedro for advice :thumbsup:

I'm torn between blitz and hks!!

Blitz on YouTube sounds savage but I reckon it has no cat in it.
I'll be running a sports cat so I'd say it will be a bit more quiet.

Must check out hks and see what sound it has...

Zero/sports system is very tame and drowned out by most other systems.
Think I need more noise :subaru: :smokesubaru

A few measurements tomorrow......

Reckon I'll go the Nur Spec R route if it will fit!!

Getting old now so need more noise to hear when I need to change gear...... :multijump:

Car is very quiet for 6 years.

The track day spend is on :thumbsup: :subaru:

Nur spec only way to go but you will need to get a down pipe as well graham as the blitz is 2.5" flange at the donwnpipe that widens to a 3" pipe all the way back

Thanks for all advice lads :thumbsup:

Going to stick it on the ramp later and measure a few things to be 100% sure what I need.

I've a slight horn though for the Nur Spec R after hearing a few on YouTube.
The HKS is nice but quiet like my own zero/sports system.

Right I'm still lost!

Was onto Dave and he was asking me to measure my bracket on gear box to flange on centre section.
That's 43mm from bracket to flat flange gasket.

He reckons that's a UK cat back with short centre section.....

So do I order a jdm cat back or euro cat back and will they bolt straight on?

Pain in the hole trying to figure it all out :comp26:

The only thing I can tell u for sure is when I ordered d hks cat back system for my 2006 blob sti I had to give chassis Number as the euro and jdm systems differ slighty,

Downpipe has to be jdm to attach to the twin scroll turbo so I would assume JDM center section and backbox should do the job.

Its the length Rob.

Going by measurments givin then its a long same as double cat uk downpipe. Which for a zero sports system sounds strange.

But thats the figures was givin and they dont lie if correct.

Backboxes are all the same.

Its only centre section and downpipes thats different lengths

Ah right, misread that bit about the measurement length. Be a strange one alright. Are the jdm and uk bugs all the same systems length? Just a thought but could they have just taken that and added a twinscroll bracket and that's why its to be uk length?

Has me lost.
No idea what's needed or what will fit? Can't get any straight answers from sellers on eBay or the likes.

I think I will have to go de cat route and try get a complete system from one manufacturer.
The minute twin scroll is mentioned they all run for he hills!

Standard response is "it will fit original factory cat" after telling them I don't have a standard cat before :wall:
Hate messing with this type of sh*t and I just want a simple bolt on system to suit.

The search continues.....

Back