Shipping from UK

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Need to get a package picked up from the UK and delivered home as the seller can't post it due to awkward size and doesn't have foreign delivery set up on his shipping.

Looking for recommendations where to organise this as I don't have a shipping account so prices from DHL and UPS are off the charts!!

In case it makes a difference:
Package dims: 175 x 68 x 15
Package weight: 7kg

Appreciate any recommendations :thumbsup:

Try these, toga freight
Have used them a handful off times there cheapest i could get around, a member on here gave me there details :thumbsup:

Just got a price of €70 from them. Best so far but still very expensive, how can HT Autos send a splitter from the UK for £23 and everywhere I try is off the wall expensive!!

What about DPD? Would their prices be sky high too? My wheels were delivered by them. Very well packaged and handled.

Just rang them, DPD won't carry it due to the possibility of damage because its for a car??? Exact same situation with Nightline :facepalm

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=44313.msg511813#msg511813 date=1427214684]
Just rang them, DPD won't carry it due to the possibility of damage because its for a car??? Exact same situation with Nightline :facepalm
[/quote]

Because a wheel is much bigger than a front lip!.. :hammerhead:

By the way, what site did you buy the lip from?

Seems insane, they both said they wouldn't carry doors, bumpers, etc due to the risk but I reckon it'd be a different story if you had an active account with them. Same reason UPS and DHL are off the wall for non-account customers.

If it was 25cm shorter (150cm total length) with everything else the same, there are infinite options, just seems like this is an odd-ball size. Just typical that this splitter isn't even made anymore and it brand new out of the box, impossible to find anywhere!!

Was going to say you could have him post it to me and I would post it to Ireland but is it too big for UK post? Where in UK is he?

I ordered a lip from Scoobyworld and they emailed saying the courier wouldn't ship because it was an odd size but they had found an alternative courier for 5 pounds more. Wish they told me their name. I Gave them 5 through PayPal.

[quote author=Sheriff link=topic=44313.msg511821#msg511821 date=1427216253]
I ordered a lip from Scoobyworld and they emailed saying the courier wouldn't ship because it was an odd size but they had found an alternative courier for 5 pounds more. Wish they told me their name. I Gave them 5 through PayPal.
[/quote]

He's up on the scottish border. He took it to the post office today and they said it was too big, checked royal mail and the max they can accept is 150cm in length but thanks for the offer anyway :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sheriff link=topic=44313.msg511821#msg511821 date=1427216253]
[/quote]

Was that recent, any chance you could ask them?

They emailed back saying it was a local courier which delivered to a DPD warehouse for distribution. They stated this local courier was used occasionally for such objects.

Thanks man, hopefully have 2 options today anyway, he's going to work on his courier to get a price and I'll hopefully have a delivery option in the UK who'll be driving home over via the boat in a couple of weeks.

Back