headers ???? equal or unequal !!!!

Can't beat a classic with something like a nur spec r or the likes...can still remember a night meet down the Wicklow Gap when Pete left in the type r...we were in Laragh & I think we could hear him for the next 5 miles

Although nicks spec c in the tunnels of Wales is a very very close 2nd in experiences

I taught personally that my bug sounded way better than the classic I had, and both had hks downpipe and full blitz

wagon dec

Didn't know that baz bout the new 2.0 not being a ej
Yea the jdm 2015 sti has a 2.0 so I'd say she's twin scroll

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=44255.msg511103#msg511103 date=1426589828]
Can't beat a classic with something like a nur spec r or the likes...can still remember a night meet down the Wicklow Gap when Pete left in the type r...we were in Laragh & I think we could hear him for the next 5 miles

Although nicks spec c in the tunnels of Wales is a very very close 2nd in experiences
[/quote]

There was a fair wrap off that yoke and still not crazy loud inside the car

I have done quite some research about equal/unequal, since non-turbos have equal, therefore arent sounding as nice.

There is a myth, that the power/torque can be affected. Usually this is caused by improper or faulty installation, where, according to NASIOC, the backpressure isnt kept the same when changing the headers. That could result in loss of up to 5hp when installing UEL instead of equal lenght.

Honestly? 5HP is a price I am willing to pay to get the sound that makes subarus subaru. Even though, my car sounds great even without UEL's its just that little thing, that will make it sound purrrrrfect :)

[youtube]LqNvMPiCLsU?t=46s[/youtube]

2015 WRX has FA Engine and from factory installed Equal lenght headers, which can however be replaced with for example BORLA or any other system, there will be more coming soon. Subaru decided to go the quieter option for more reasons, one of them being, trying to bring WRX more into mainstream, especially in US.

unequal without a doubt. the boxer rumble is a big part of the reason I love scoobies :smokesubaru

Back