no top gear this sunday

Yeah I heard this earlier, I can't see them sacking him though coz love him or hate him he sells and makes money for them :icon_blahblah:

Re: Clarkson / topgear suspended

do we have any more info about it? I know there were some trouble in past as well...

Nevertheless, I dont think icon as Clarkson is, will be jobless for long.. if they dont resume Top Gear, some other producers will get him involved in different car related projects

I don't think he'll be left high and dry. He's too much of an asset. I haven't watched TG in a while. I think it's getting a bit stale.

clarkson the big old dinosaur IS top gear imo along with his two silly sidekicks prob caus he's there since 2002 , but i also dislike all the scripted sillyness that goes on in top gear . , so if things were to be shook up , bring in a certain mr. harris and make a "proper" car show ,i think it could be an even bigger sucsess as there only two main car shows going at the minute .i think it needs a good dose of what colm did to the isdc website (great job btw ) , modernisation to keep with the times .

Topgear IMO is such a big success because it isnt just about cars, clarckson is the figure head of it, if they brought in chris harris then that would make for a better motoring show for the likes of us but they would lose a huge amount of the audience as they would be bored of just cars. Some of the scripted stuff is awfull but at the end of the day its a good programme and like him or hate him its down to Clarkson.

Reminds me of two and a half men. Charlie sheen got sacked and it was never the same. Still kinda funny. But he was the making of it. clarkson is top gear imo lads hate him and that's fair enough but he pulls in the numbers bbc.s biggest show .

or is this just a clever attempt to boost top gears profile and draw in more viewers to a failing recipe for a tv car show , fifth gear is kicking top gears ass , top gear was moved from it traditional pre christmas time slots to january/february so it would be competing with x factor , now ordinary car loving viewers are fed up with scripted shite so they need a controversy to boost their ratings ? or am i been a bit paranoid handbags

Nothing that wonderful about 5th gear in my opinion. . Yes there better drivers yes the feature more Cars but would I buy 1on there recommendations not a chance Most Are supercars anyway .

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=44206.msg510298#msg510298 date=1426020622]
Nothing that wonderful about 5th gear in my opinion. [/quote]

What about Vicky Joe :545:

At what point do the rules stop applying to individuals though - makes racist comments & gets away with a final warning - goes to punch a producer (not 100% confirmed yet) and lads think he should get away with this too. Continously attack the Argentina situation despite knowing they were wrong to do what they did!

People have to be accountable for their actions - last time BBC staff were not held accountable for their actions we had Jimmy Saville & numerous other 'celebrities' completely abuse their positions

And maybe... Hopefully, as tommy said its just another way of advertising of the show... Ppl love whats controversial, i do really hope thats the thing and next week it will come back to normal...
Sent from Nokia Lumia 930 using Tapatalk

Think he needs to go now
Always liked him but the last few years he has let himself down doing stupid stuff be sad to see it end like that but maybe new blood it what top gear needs.
Afaik he has a major share in it

Back