Turning x5 or Range Rover Into crew cab

Insurance is clamping down on crew cab 4x4.Allianz told me if I convert range rover Vogue into business edition they will not insure it.At cherry wood the custom's were gonna throw the book at me and kids in the R.R till he red faced saw I was private taxed.....just do your homework before you purchase or convert......I don't have R.R.anymore it's too much grey area....(business use only )

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Its sad the way we are constantly forced into gray area of running schemes because we are either not allowed or penalized to do what we want.

Love a Range Rover :)

I've had it all from insurance companies cars to new , to old , to big an engine , import , have to be over 25 then 30 then 40 etc etc
At the end of the day if I'm to tax my car for year ya might as well right it off
At this stage tax costs more than the car and it's also 15 years old now which insurance companies will fleece me on this year !

Yet it's one of my cheapest buys ever 2 years ago at €2000 (02 530d 124k)and proberly my best alround car ever

Driving 3 months with and 3 months without tax is a stress ????

I drive a 3.6 tdv8 Range on crew cab insurance not a problem, liberty quoted me straight away and happy driving for a few years now! I also got quoted by Britton and a crowd in the midlands somewhere! Any time I got pulled over they never commented on anything just seen all my paperwork was in order and on I went! Just my experience of course

Was your wife kids in the car any time you were stopped as I think this is where it gets sticky with 3/4 lads you could be going to work . Again not well up on it . But 333 tax is for commercial purposes only or can the wife drop the kids off to school 5 days a week and it's OK ????

50% of the time she would be mate ye! I only really drive into town to pick her up which is where I get stopped and never mentioned

Back