Bit of advise on lights.

przemcio007

Something wrong with my light as every few weeks one of them is breaking. Wend thru different models over last few months, is ram night breakers, Philips extra vision and other models, no difference. Always passenger light is first. Trying to change both on same type.
Checked cables, all looks fine (can't be sure as I have no tools or knowledge to Check if they are actually fine).
Any advise?
New battery at car (2 months). No fuses ever burned at car.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Bulbs are H7 type.

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=44046.msg508185#msg508185 date=1424725249]
are bulbs same voltage as originals ?
[/quote]
Yes, they are. Get set from subaru as well and same result. Few weeks and bulb gone.

Could possibly be an alternator problem?? Over charging ?

Or the cold weather can affect electrical connections .

Are you wearing gloves when fitting them, as they don't like the natural grease that are on your finger tips on the glass as it makes them over heat, otherwise it could be a loose earth maybe after your little bang

Was wearing blue gloves last time. Before I didn't. I will check earth connection, that might be it.
How to check alternator overcharging? Need to use multimeter for it right? What is a value that should be at alternator? 12,5v or higher?

H7 is the worst bulb on the market, are you fitting quality bulbs or motor factor crap

wagon dec

I thought it is high quality bulbs like osram night breakers or Philips Xtravision. But if there are any others better then those ones, please advise.
Tried as well some unknown brands as well, which I would say is a motor factor crap.

They are good brands have you checked If the car is charging correctly, it could be a voltage issue

wagon dec

Must check it. In next weeks planning to do bits and pieces with car so need to organise tools to check that as well.
How to correct overcharging or voltage issues? Need to talk to pro I believe but just my curiosity.

[quote author=przemcio007 link=topic=44046.msg508212#msg508212 date=1424733215]
Was wearing blue gloves last time. Before I didn't. I will check earth connection, that might be it.
How to check alternator overcharging? Need to use multimeter for it right? What is a value that should be at alternator? 12,5v or higher?
[/quote]
13.8-14.2 all normal.

Way above that need check.

If your at the agm I.ll bring a multi meter :thumbsup: seen this before had 15.6 volts but never blew bulbs

I was having same problem, I always bought the top notch bulbs in Halfords, and after 4 months they usually blew, passanger side went always first... then I said fu*k it, and bought set of cheapest H7s available... have them there roughly 7 months with no issues :653:

Back