HTC One M8 or Samsung Galaxy S5???

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
Time to change phone! Iv had the iphone 4s and iphone 5 and to be honest I have enough of the whole iphone thing. So I have it narrowed down to the two above. Im with vodafone and can get the Samsung Galaxy S5 for €50 on a 24 month contract. Or I can get the HTC One M8 for free on the same contract. The €50 doesn't bother me I just want to pick the right phone. So has anyone got some personal experiences of the phones or there previous models etc and whats yer opinions on them??

Cheers

Wait the new htc one m nine and the Samsung galaxy s six will be out the first week in March so hold on and wait. Especially if your going on a twenty four month contract

Im gone from S1 S2 S3 S4 and curently on S5 so yes im happy.

Also can order/buy genuine samsung S5 and charger and battery. I use x2 a day. So no dead battery shite.

My choice

Jesus I never realised they both had new models coming out! Ill be waiting for sure. It's only a week or two... No fear any of the shops today told me that!

I wonder will the new models be dearer? Or will the old models just get cheaper??

Have a Samsung aswell. The new one prob be about 150 on contract compared to 50 for the 5. Think that was the difference last time.

Ya the new handsets are being launched ay mobile world Congress on March the first so if your going twenty four month contract your better off waiting. I currently have a Sony xperia z one and it's fallen apart I'd to replace all the doors three times so I think I'll be going back to htc. We won't know if the new s six has a battery you can change till its launched but it's definitely a winner if it has

Have been HTC from day one and can't fault them,probably the best build qualitity of any phone on the market. Currently have the m8 and looking forward to.the release of the m9.

But yes definitely hold off as the lads have said the new models are been released in a few weeks and with a 2.year contract you may as well get the most up to date phone that you can.

I have had all the I phones 3 up to 5, got pissed off with the apple thing so went to the Galaxy s5, the opportunity came along to get the iPhone 6 64gb so I took it. Had it for 7 ta 10 days then went back to an S5.
The android just seems to have it over the iPhone in every way. I would be Samsung the whole way. What's the new one like. .dunno but it won't be any worse than the S5 which is the muts nuts.

Had the Samsung s1/s2 Apple 4s and Galexy s5

The Apple 4s was a lovley phone build wise glass back and front in a lovley aluminium case great but very easy to break which I did alot beleve the iPhone 5 /6 solved alot of this by not using glass on the back

S1 S2 S5 have all been faultless and the quality/feel of the product has improved

For me the samsung is much better to use if you into technology and using your phone for multiple uses much tougher too never broke one.

Apple if you like paying for software/music ect samsung if your into doing your own thing and using the device the way you want and not the way Apple Corp wants ie I tunes ect

HTC all the way for me - Had a Desire back in the day - then went to Samsung s2, fooking hated that thing. Then bought the HTC One M7 2 years ago - still running like clockwork to be honest & despite only having a 1 year contract didn't feel the need to change before now but with the new one out next week that will probably happen now.

Re above post Dave, Galaxy s6 is rumoured to be coming out with fixed battery so that won't be an option anymore.

Sony Z3 compact, bench test it against any of those phones it will top them, longer battery life, 21mp camera, properly water proof, cheaper and actually fits in your pocket..those other phones are too big.

Sony have software issues . Bought one for the other half Christmas 13 . Within 3 months it had to be sent back to Sony for repair and done the same thing again 4 months later . Phone was away for 2 months plus within first year . Lovely phone when it was working but not very robust in my experience .

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=44033.msg508101#msg508101 date=1424680397]
Sony have software issues . Bought one for the other half Christmas 13 . Within 3 months it had to be sent back to Sony for repair and done the same thing again 4 months later . Phone was away for 2 months plus within first year . Lovely phone when it was working but not very robust in my experience .
[/quote]

the older ones were not great, I was never a fan but the Z3 is quality..really solid..I would of told you all the same things about HTC after having them for years but the ONE and M8 are really well made.
The battery life is a huge issue for me, the big screens just suck the life out of there's is no way to avoid it..they take more processing power and more power to light..the Z3 compact is the only phone with the processing power of the full sized phones, with less drain on the resources with a smaller screen it outperforms them..to hole in your hand it is way smaller then an Iphone 6 but overall the screen is the same size

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=44033.msg508099#msg508099 date=1424679268]
Sony Z3 compact, bench test it against any of those phones it will top them, longer battery life, 21mp camera, properly water proof, cheaper and actually fits in your pocket..those other phones are too big.
[/quote]
I have a z one...it fell apart and the battery is goosed. Never had to send it back though
[/quote]

i also have the sony z3 and its great, it is big and i was on the fence about going for the compact but i watch alot of videos on it so it suits me as it has a large screen.

battery life is excellent, i am getting two days out of it, i did hear the old ones arent great butthe z3 is very good, also as said above its water proof and i have droped mine into a sink full of water and it is grand, dont think id trust going swimming with it but it gets you out of a hole if you drop it in the jacks.

[quote author=scrawnban link=topic=44033.msg508115#msg508115 date=1424686888]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=44033.msg508099#msg508099 date=1424679268]
[/quote]
I have a z one...it fell apart and the battery is goosed. Never had to send it back though
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=44033.msg508110#msg508110 date=1424685818]
[/quote]

the older ones were not great,
[/quote]

In case you missed that bit.

Back