wrx van....SOLD.......

Regardless of what the car is worth or value declared, you must receive a payout to cover costs of repair to return the car to before the accident. If you're at fault and claiming through your insurers then yes they can turn around and say you only insured it for €xxxx so that's all we're paying. However this was caused by someone else so why should you be out of pocket?

Your insurer is perfectly entitled to payout to you and pursue the uninsured party at fault to recover costs. It's their own fault for driving uninsured. You're also entitled to pay to fix your car and pursue the party at fault.

If the damage is estimated at say €5000 but the car is worth the same or less it'll be written off as an uneconomical repair. You would then only be paid the pre accident market value less the salvage value.
Car worth €3000 with salvage of €500 you'd get €2500 regardless of mods or figure you have it covered for.If your vat registered that'll be subtracted from the final pay out too.
No winners.

Yeah... I understand all.
I want that car back and some cash that's it :< i don't expect millions just if they give me half of declared value etc ll be good enough for me i ll fix it. :dontknow:

But who ll pay? Person who hit me(no insurance) ? or MIBI ? But someone said me my insurance ll not pay anything as its only trd party! Can i open some claim and ask to fix my car by person who hit me?
Also i need car to drive to work (60km per day) is it possible to get any courtesy car?

MIBI will pay out for your car. You're free to take a civil case against the person who hit you to recover costs. Rental car, loss of earnings, personal injury etc.

Few more steps. Should be ready to drive next week.
On this stage- full wrap.
If i ll get back money from MIBI respray- WHITE PERAL BMW F or Lexus IS
:smokesubaru :smokesubaru :smokesubaru :smokesubaru :smokesubaru :smokesubaru :smokesubaru

Last edited:
story lads,
I know its not my car show room but i think its maybe last post in this topic.
Scrap'py-doo (not scooby any more) almost back on road.

Last edited:
Back