Boiler not working ....

My boiler packed it in last night/this morning. All the pumps and electric parts seem to be working but I've no flame in the fire chamber. It's a firebird oil boiler. Any suggestions

Had to replace the burner on mine last year . About 10 years old or so and just stopped one day . Plenty for sale on adverts . Simple job to sort .

Gas boilers only last about 10 to 12 years after that it's better to just rip it out and put a new one in
my burner went 2 years ago got it fixed then the heat exchanger went then something else
went for a vokira condensing one and it halved my gas bills it's a great yoke should have changed it years ago

Firebird oil burner joe . Good chance it's a popular 90 model . Probably the most common one out there

Usually the pump or the Gray control box that slides on the top . Have the same model myself Never reall give any trouble

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=43871.msg506146#msg506146 date=1423255855]
Usually the pump or the Gray control box that slides on the top . Have the same model myself Never reall give any trouble
[/quote]
It's I a green looking two step yoke...sounds the same as mine

Yes the control box is on the lower section with the red reset button. Press that if she fires up but won't stay going it's the pump . I guessing you have oil going to it ,it hasn't run out Easy mistake to make .

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=43871.msg506150#msg506150 date=1423256467]
Yes the control box is on the lower section with the red reset button. Press that if she fires up but won't stay going it's the pump . I guessing you have oil going to it ,it hasn't run out Easy mistake to make .
[/quote]
Hit the red button a few times....nothing happening...all the pumps seem to be working..she's making all her normal noises just no flame. Got the tank filled last week

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=43871.msg506160#msg506160 date=1423257169]
Does the burner sound like it's kicking in but then stop dead
[/quote]
No...just keeps running....

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=43871.msg506161#msg506161 date=1423257323]
Air lock :dontknow:
[/quote]
It's not air locked I've had that before and I've fixed it. It sounds like it's running perfectly normal. Just no flame starting

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=43871.msg506164#msg506164 date=1423258014]
Mine was at that at first .

guessing burner is banjoed. Not an orello burner by any chance .
[/quote]
Hang on ill take a picture of it

Burner is in the casing on the bottom front . Open that and see if there is a switch on the front to jump start it

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=43871.msg506168#msg506168 date=1423258511]
Burner is in the casing on the bottom front . Open that and see if there is a switch on the front to jump start it
[/quote]
Had it open...only button in there is a red one and when I hit it the whole thing stops if it's running

Have the fire lit already. Think I'll have to call in a professional tomorrow..thank you very much for the help.

Back