Boiler not working ....

Too many company vans For you tommy try taxing and keeping 1 on the road and meeting the repayments about 200quid a week :thumbsup:

Worked in the family business for along time Anto and joe . So have been self employed and know how much stuff costs to buy and run. It's very easy to allow for your time materials needed and transport costs in the pricing of the job . I cannot charge someone for the time I spend in traffic getting to a job like come on how can anyone justify that .

I'm lucky in that I have company transport now but I've been on the other side 2

That's ok on a big job Tommy but take the job above. How do you charge On that when parts are only 50 quid so your there for and hour fixing it . If you charge 150 he thinks he's getting ripped off but if he's charged 100. And a 50 call out fee to diagnose the problem everyone is happy as its up front :thumbsup:

But your employer charges that Tommy you just don't see it because you get your same wage at the end of the week
people who run small business are getting shafted we are entitled to nothing if I'm sick or off work I'm bolloxed.
alot to be said for working for a company.

I'm basically paid by what I do keith . If I do 6 or 7 jobs in a day I get 6 or 7 by X amount . And I know my employer charges a call out fee but that covers 3 hours labour . So if I come to your house to change 3 sets of window hinges . You will pay 25 quid per set so that 75 quid plus the call out charge/labour charge .which is a total of 145 quid . Out of that the company has to buy in the hinges and pay me and pay for the van and diesel.so my employer is not charging you 50 quid for me traveling to you in their van . They probably are getting around 15 quid to cover that . That's my point . I don't think my boss is unfair in the way he has it set up . If he were charging 50 to call out 70 for labour and 75 for the hinges would that be more acceptable . That's essentially why ireland is so expensive .

Are any of you lads gonna fix this chaps boiler or what?????!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=43871.msg506031#msg506031 date=1423175990]
I'm basically paid by what I do keith . If I do 6 or 7 jobs in a day I get 6 or 7 by X amount . And I know my employer charges a call out fee but that covers 3 hours labour . So if I come to your house to change 3 sets of window hinges . You will pay 25 quid per set so that 75 quid plus the call out charge/labour charge .which is a total of 145 quid . Out of that the company has to buy in the hinges and pay me and pay for the van and diesel.so my employer is not charging you 50 quid for me traveling to you in their van . They probably are getting around 15 quid to cover that . That's my point . I don't think my boss is unfair in the way he has it set up . If he were charging 50 to call out 70 for labour and 75 for the hinges would that be more acceptable . That's essentially why ireland is so expensive .
[/quote]
Do I have my sums rite tommy? The above equates to €70 for call out, yea? You say you get 6-7 jobs done per day? Either every job doesn't last 3 hours or else you get fu*k all sleep in 24hours.

We do Warranty work mostly Anto .I also said it covers 3 hours labour . Not that we sit there when we're finished until the 3 hours is up .

Most warranty work takes 30 minutes to an hour on average in my experience

Oh and while your trying to poke holes in that . It also includes the vat :1poke:

All I'm saying is a fair price for the distance . Again 50 quid for 2 km is where I started.

The angle I was coming at was basically your employer has to get say 6 jobs at €70/job in a day to cover his cost and make a few pound, some jobs take 3 hours others take 20mims. Our plumber friend is the same, he makes a few bob on going to the local job and loses on the job that's further away.

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=43871.msg506039#msg506039 date=1423177436]
Clock on the wall fooked :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Knew it ..... Please cover paypal fees

escalatedfeature.jpg

Turning into a good thread this[emoji106]

So this is the way it went down

No hot water ect ect

Rang a few places
A local business I spoke to said put up a detailed discription on there site I did this explaning it wasn't a gas boiler

Guy called out that eve met him there had a quick look and said you need a electrician and he's a plumber and he'd need 40 (paid cash)for the call out shitty but in fairness no one's time is free in my opinion

He also took photos of what he though was wrong and mentioned something else he wasn't happy with (second lower element has cap missing) then he asked me if I had anyone to go look and recomdened a honest no bull guy he works with and gave him a call and sent him on the pictures .

Phone call 1 hr later (4pm)
From this guy said he can be there at 9am tomorrow met him there new clock fitted lower element rewired cap fitted new clock installed other bits checked job done and all working like it should

124 Inc vat for above

Thanks for help above

Back