Boiler not working ....

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Anyone on here that works on thease or could recomend a company?

Dublin south

Water not heating...

Not Gas Or Oil That Big Copper Thing In The Press Not Heating Up The water

Do you have a sink/bath switch? if you change the switch does it heat then. As the guys have said it's either a stat or element gone. If you look at the top of the tank you will have a cap looking like this

0.jpg

The Thermostat may be visible and have a little reset switch like the blue unit on the right has. The thermostats sometimes trip out.

immersion-heater.jpg

1. Try Toggle sink/bath see if it heats then if so one side of the element is gone if not try next
2. look at the top of tank see if you can see the top of the element unit and if so if there is a reset switch, you can remove the ocer if you wish make sure to turn off the switch first!!
3. Call electrician :thumbsup: he will be able to meter stat and change element if needed

here is the price of stat and element is €40-€50
Stat on its own€15-€25

and labour don't get ripped off...... :yellowthumb:

Usually a call out charge of between €40-70 before a tool is lifted out of the tool box so be aware of that

I love when tradesmen charge call out fees .

Plumber told me he wanted a 50 euro call out fee . I said why and he said because it's a house call .
I said to him your a plumber . All you do is house calls .charge me the parts and labour fine but fu*k me 50 euro to drive 2 km from his house to mine.

Bit of a piss take imo .

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=43871.msg505968#msg505968 date=1423161737]
I love when tradesmen charge call out fees .

Plumber told me he wanted a 50 euro call out fee . I said why and he said because it's a house call .
I said to him your a plumber . All you do is house calls .charge me the parts and labour fine but fu*k me 50 euro to drive 2 km from his house to mine.

Bit of a piss take imo .
[/quote]

When you're not 2km away though and sitting in traffic for 1.5hours losing money to get to a job it makes sense. It's definitely not unreasonable to have a call out charge when you consider the cost of running your OWN van , thousands worth of tools and equipment, insurance to cover working on gas , cert, stationary etc .

And I've no problem with that . If a tradesman has a genuine cost base to cover fair enough but I'm saying don't pass on over the top call out charges .

Tommy when you've been self employed for a while come back to us on that one. Attitude like that really rots me. Nothing personal tommy too many people think the same as you. The €50 he charges to call out becomes very small by the time all expenses are paid.
A self employed person would have to earn around €250/day to equate to an employed person earning the average industrial wage.

Back