Single post lift

Think ciaran has one that sits on the floor with small ramps to drive up on to it
have a chat with him

2 posts are a pri*k of of a yoke ya cant even open a door while a car is on it, doing steering racks or anything like that your bolloxed for access to the steering colm ,also joe hasn't the room in his shed to loose with a two poster in place imo .at the end of the day joe you have to live with it everyday and they are all in or around the same cost you will have to think about it yourself but think of all the work you will need it for and then make your decision man if ya want call up some Saturday and try your car on the ramps in my work we have them all it might help to see them working

Consaw would sort it
I have a mate that works for Harold engineers they fit and service them some times they have used stuff

Those mobile lifts cover the whole underneath of a car so I wouldn't like to be trying to remove a gearbox from a Scooby or any rwd car,
Had a good look into the sunken scissor lifts myself and went to the old garage I used to work in to have a look at there's...
They use there 2 post lifts the whole time for work and just use the scissor lift for pre Nct inspection.... I got to get under a car on the scissor lift and I wouldn't like it at all, found it very closterphobic...

I'm like yourself and wanted something that wasn't in my way the whole time... But I settled back on a 2 post, haven't got it yet but that's what I am going with.... The others work out a good but more aswell.

we have a scissors lift in work. its a grand jobbie, not sunk into the floor and sits about 2-3 inches on the concrete. Stay away from redmount, they are useless to deal with and all their lifts are cheap chinese yokes. Did you say its going to be outside Joe in the garden? If so you will ahve to get one thats outdoor rated/waterproof etc or it will rust up in no time in the elements. they block only the sills but as mentioned a few blocks allow you access there.

You could go higher with more blocks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49
I can walk under it comfortably, with a couple of inches to spare. It wasn't up fully as I wanted to take a pic :icon_grin:

A year later and I'm pulling the trigger on this have I it down to 2 lifts so far Redmount 4 ton 2 post lift 1950 delivered
and pj fallon go lift 3.5 ton. 2 post lift 1780 delivered .

Anyone every delt with either of them company's or hear anything bad. I rang loads of other crowds , Harold engineering , jok, tyrego But all way over price at 3000 or more which are probley better lifts but this is just for home use so won't be up and down 10 times a day ,

Attachments

• IMG_1400.PNG
    IMG_1400.PNG
    891.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1399.PNG
    IMG_1399.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1398.PNG
    IMG_1398.PNG
    590.5 KB · Views: 43
Im almost sure my mechanic had the top one. Remember clearly the red post with blue letters. He nstalled it about 5-6 years ago and l never hear having complains about it. Only thingbl remember is they had to dig the ground and lay concrete deep down before they fit the lift.

Last edited:
Have a redmount compressor over 5 years at home.
Top job and no issues at all.works perfectly.
Sound bunch to deal with and only up off the motorway in Dundalk.

Fallon supplies most lifts around here, never heard bad report on him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I bought a sanders and extraction system from Fallon a few years back. He dropped it into a local filling station for me to pick up there myself rather than actually deliver it in person . Waited ages for invoice. Couldn't supply dustbags later when we needed them.
I'd be reluctant to buy off an outfit like that.

Back