ISDC Club Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 67
They are a ropey yoke joe don't buy one of them, the only lift I'd recommend for home use is a scissors lift they are incredibly safe and sturdy and once they are not in use you have no floor space lost that you would with any other forms of lift
66607ca7d415de0b378ade95d180344e.jpg
a6cb4b5b21d6793704cbf33dc27a1c21.jpg

wagon dec

Jayus Joe I don't think I'd feel safe under that
great idea but not worth the risk
That one Dec put up would be the job

Ah your just nervous keith :icon_biggrin: but I know what your saying . Does that floor 1 restrict the. Under side much like in doing sill work anyone have a cost on 1. Most of the ones I seen only go 1 meter high

You can put blocks between jacking points and lift to get some space to work on sills, but depends on what sort of work your planning to do on sills

There is different heights joe,the ones like dec is talking about which is in most garages would leave you able to walk under and probably wouldn't be much dearer that the price of that one you posted

Have no sill work to do but would like to be able to have access as you never know your next job

What about a 2 post lift joe seen them on donedeal for 1220 + the vat which isn't bad and would leave you access to the sills

It would be perfect to work on it just walking around it with the grale parked there is where it will be tight

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=43682.msg502964#msg502964 date=1421181194]
Ah your just nervous keith :icon_biggrin: but I know what your saying . Does that floor 1 restrict the. Under side much like in doing sill work anyone have a cost on 1. Most of the ones I seen only go 1 meter high
[/quote]
the ones in work go to 1.8-2.0 m in height no problem working under them and what we did in work was leave the gap in the middle of the two parts a little wider to lift a transit .also as david said use blocks to rise the car off the ramp if doing sill work, iv welded in sills to fiestas no hassle on them.be honest joe how many times will you need sill access at home very rarely id say ,im tellin ya man the scissors is the way forward for home use and even in the workshop its the one I go to all the time ,the beauty is when its not in use you have no lift in the shed taking up space

As dec said scissor lift is the job, especially if your tight for space.
Great for space when not in use.

Got mine put into the ground and left space to stand down into the gap between the two ramps.
Got my compressor off redmount sound lads and great quality.

Cheers dec. :thumbsup: floor is already in and that looks 300mm deep that I.d have to brake out . Not going to happen with 2 layers of heavy mesh :doh:Do they do one that sits on the floor

Personally id go 2 post lift, have 2 in our garage and there brilliant. If your worried about floor space or storage you can leave a car up on the lift and park more underneath, some lads i know made up steel braces to support the arms of the lift so that if lift fails the car is still suspended. Have seen it done with no problems.

Back