Petrol Stretching

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
I went to a Public meeting in Roscommon last night about this out of interest as I know alot of people whos engines have gone as a result. Its unreal the amount of cars engines car from being at the meeting.
One family had 3 cars engines gone. I was over with a main dealer in Mayo monday and he said they alone have 11 engines done. He showed me the pistons out of one car and it unreal what it can do. Is this happening in many other counties

iv heard of it Gerry but haven't seen any in the dealer I work for ,its unreal what cunts will do

This is just sad... I wonder what c*nt decided to make a tiny bit more money... But still not as bad as ppl getting blind from alcohol few years back... Just because some dickhead wants to get more money, not giving shite about others... Would shoot these pll on sight

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=43311.msg497123#msg497123 date=1416519866]
I'm just sticking to the big brands

[/quote]

I always done that too but this is happening to people who went to big brands. Now unless they got a fill or 2 in the "dodgy" filling stations as they said 1 fill could be enough.

One petrol Company rep did attend the meeting and in fairness explained the delivery system and testing that was done till it got to the pump. They supply alot of stations. I know the man in question who is 100% and as a result I will be buying there anymore.

People were in fear last night as to where to buy petrol . It might sound mad but its the truth. The stories people were telling you couldn't blame them.

I try to stick with esso as its beside my work and I know they are genuine people that own I never buy from non branded stations by that I mean if its not esso,texaco or maxol I drive to the next one

I think in "some of the cases",only some it could be a legit station but the issue could be with the supplier. The owner of the station might be unaware of what was going on. But as you say Dec you should have a better chance when staying with the branded ones

ye your right Gerry a station is only as good as the fuel supplied to it .I would be wary if I was watching a private unmarked truck delivering fuel to a station the fact I trust my local is down to I only every see Reynolds logistics trucks delivering the fuel .but lads need to be really careful when buying fuel as I think we will see more of this sh*t

Pretty sure this is what caused my engine to knock and crack a big end bearing and it spent it's time before I got it down in Roscommon:(it's all good now some not as lucky..

Wev had several, at least 15+...A yaris on its second fill of fuel from new was taken by the insurance. Its mad what it does, just clogs the rings and they loose compression.

[quote author=Farrelly link=topic=43311.msg497140#msg497140 date=1416526755]
Wev had several, at least 15+...A yaris on its second fill of fuel from new was taken by the insurance. Its mad what it does, just clogs the rings and they loose compression.

[/quote]

wow only its second fill. what part of the country are you in.

its mad what it does alright.youd want a chisel and a hammer to get it off

There is a garage in ballaghadreen (prob not spelt right) notorious for it ive heard of it happening to 4 or 5 cars from it

They should be tested and shut down straight away
I think it's the only way
I'm sure they know what garages are doing it

I spoke about this months ago, not sure if I posted it here?
We got a tech bulletin in work warning us of it as it was a major problem in the Midlands.

At the time 20 engines were fcuked!

We only saw one in a new up! That was damaged.
Year old car and it was written off due to cost of repair of engine.
Pushed it back out the door onto tow truck.

Stick to main petrol stations in busy areas and you should be ok.
No harm keeping receipts either in case your engine goes bang!
Might be proof.....

Pick one garage you know and stick to it if possible
even big garages could be at it
all depends if the owner is dodgy or not
Its a absolute disgrace
the government has let illegal organisations free run for far to long
washing diesel and other stuff as a trade of for ending the troubles up north in my view
and the car owner has been paying the price on top of what we have to fork out for already running a car :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

[quote author=gerry link=topic=43311.msg497141#msg497141 date=1416527246]
[quote author=Farrelly link=topic=43311.msg497140#msg497140 date=1416526755]

[/quote]

wow only its second fill. what part of the country are you in.

its mad what it does alright.youd want a chisel and a hammer to get it off
[/quote]

In Navan, but alot coming from Oldcastle direction. Curran oil were supplying it to numerous staipns around here and theyv admitted it was them but cantbexpkain where it came from.

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=43311.msg497150#msg497150 date=1416556961]
Did it say where in the Midlands graham we have had none of it in tullamore
[/quote]

Not sure where I'll see if the bulletin is still up and check.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=43311.msg497144#msg497144 date=1416551415]
They should be tested and shut down straight away
I think it's the only way
I'm sure they know what garages are doing it

[/quote]

Youd imagine this should be the way . I mean if you put agri diesel in your car you'd could be caught and given a hefty fine. These guys are harder caught even though they are dealing in large amounts of fuel . Some places are caught closed down the fine is harmless I believe , take over another station away you go could get tested by Customs and all would be fine.
The might only be doing it every second load, Cause since all the cars around here started going revenue have tested some of the so called dodgy stations and are finding nothing. It has gone trough the system at that stage. Damage done though. We were told at the meeting 142 samples were taken and only 2 came back with question marks

Back