Track day car

Picked up my new skid lid for 2018! Always had a thing for Matt black lids and it was a choice between this or a similar Matt black Bell helmet. The Sparco air vents won me over in the end.
The question is.. do I leave it as is or get some professional paint work done??
I’d hate to loose the matt look but still love a nice custom job.

bd16159ce3d5ba1fa6474311f8d38f35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job :thumbsup:Leave it till it gets a bit scratched and then paint it be like a new helmet in 2 years time :thumbsup:

I'd leave it! Looks savage, which is bonus.

For me, anything protective I go in the order of Function > Fashion.

If you can get better function cheaper than fashion, and paint/sticker/modify cheaper to look like fashion, you're winning. But that looks lovely as is!

Plenty of ISDC stickers on the car and I actually might fit some more outside it when it’s been freshened up for this season

Not been doing much work on the car so far this year, and to be honest it needs very little for the season hopefully..
I did however fit a nice new Sparco Rev Seat, my old Sparco Evo xl was always too big and with me planning on loosing near 2 stone before round 1 I’d definitely need to change that.
This seat is quite a bit smaller but fits in the car much better, lucky I’m coming near that 2 stone target so I actually fit in this now[emoji28]

e70ac71c4c08f4cefccb1c0d96df20ca.jpg

There has been front end damage on the car since 2016 and it’s always been overlooked due to mechanical work. I have sourced all new straight panels for the front, and my mate paul will be on hand to blow some paint on to them for me soon. I have the Cars front stripped away now and I’m seriously thinking of a completely new livery for the car.

fbea684a80f893cdc8156fbed73f4d91.jpg

1eb0810a39d549d1a1ee9cbd922f5db0.jpg

Some other small mechanical bits need to be done along with new tires, but it all depends on budget. I want to give this season a good run and try get in every event. I finished 2nd overall in this championship in 2016 I’d love to equal or better that this year, so I’ll need to make sure I can be at every round.

Some weight loss for you and car over the last while so????, well done,

best of luck this year,

Picked up my spare phase one panels over the weekend. They were a straight swap with some phase 2 stuff I had so cost neutral. I started working on the bonnet this evening with the angle grinder to cut away as much of the skin as possible.

31ecc565dc4b4114d953340e107728bd.jpg

c6b340db14d78dccaafd38bda396015b.jpg

I removed my aero catches from the old bonnet and got them fitted before the bonnet gets painted.

a5cf552cb4525e52858faca25ca2e202.jpg

68b8e8fb70429a37787df4eaf702a3ff.jpg

I cut away a lot more of the skin than before and was toying with the idea of even loosing the hinges. But made a decision to keep it as is. The effort involved wouldn’t necessarily bare much fruit..

d5ea8f3e3bb3b7bb2c3c935e1e520439.jpg

One of my mates is a panel beater so I’ll be dropping these off to him during to week and hopefully back in the car next week. I plan to get a new livery for the car for 2018 as there is so much patching to do I might as well start again.

Last edited:
Just brought it up from my parents house today for a wash and tidy up. Brought it for a good drive and hoped for snow[emoji16]
Have a guy looking to swap a 2012 forester commercial for it. Don’t really want one but could look at fitting seats and convert to crewcab. I’d keep the car if she would drive it, but she is a tad frugal when it comes to transport cost[emoji1]

That’s true!
But I guess when dropping kids to school smiles and few and far between [emoji1]

Back