Track day car

Ah that's great! Ripping the box would have been a right dose. So impressive to see how this car is flying! Pity the bracket let you down. Still, easy fix and back at it the next day ????

Ah that's great! Ripping the box would have been a right dose. So impressive to see how this car is flying! Pity the bracket let you down. Still, easy fix and back at it the next day [emoji106]

Cheers Martin[emoji106]
Ya delighted I don't have to strip it now. I was not looking forward to that. There is a guy near me that does aluminium welding so I might bring it to him. I'll get him to strengthen it as I'm a bit of a pig [emoji200] [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see them images for some reason!
I was on photo bucket must see can I log back in[emoji106]

Was up in mondello on Sunday.
Very impressed with your car Adrian.
First start it was very quick off the start.
Think there were a few people surprised.

Pity you had to retire, at least it's not as big an issue as you first taught :thumbsup:

Pity you had to retire, at least it's not as big an issue as you first taught :thumbsup:

Ah cool [emoji16][emoji106][emoji106]
Cheers man ya got a good start the first time but not so god second time around. The problem was the helmet I borrowed had an intercom and I could barely hear my engine with it[emoji23] There is still more to be got from the car as it wasn't 100% on Sunday at all. It's still over weight and to make matters worse I had a full tank of fuel on board. I'll get her on the pace yet[emoji16]

Can you pm pics or email I'd love to see them man[emoji106][emoji106]

Was working in Dunlaoghire today and had a quick Google for aluminium welders in the area. Found one only 5 mins from the job, do I popped up with my broken shifter bracket. Thought if it could be correctly fixed it would be as good as trying to make one. I left if with him and picked it up on the way home. Very happy with the result! He made a new piece welded it on and drilled two new holes. Looks good and strong but nice handy fix after all.

678218cc08dc57434c75f574f34fe2e5.jpg

Yesterday evening I got back at the saxo for a few hours. Firstly I got all the bits back together around the gearbox and it's now back on all four wheels. I'll pick up some fresh gearbox oil during the week as I'm now using fancy stuff for the diff. I made some adjustments on the gear cables and it now feels a lot better and fully engaging all gears. My next little job is to address the cold air feed issue on the throttle bodies. I have been looking at options to buy, but they are crazy money! I had some aluminium knocking around the garage so I decided to start making one. If nothing else I got some good ideas on line and it seems best to make it very air tight and insulate well from heat.
I will have to relocate my coil and FPR for this job to make room.

I cut a small amount off the top of the wiper panel to allow maximum room. I then cut a piece large enough to make base a plate for the box.
12eac3e84ed813b9eb7e49cc5774c4e2.jpg

It was time consuming enough as I bent a lip all around for fixing side and end panels.
b626e4ff6630b6e2c0ab9eed5ace2aea.jpg

Next up was to space all holes 80mm centre and cut out with 52mm hole saw.
dfb4de5323284b278f95e47e8db28165.jpg

Happy with the results for the base plate at least! The base plate will fix to the bodies using the velocity stacks so should make a good seal. I'll show this in my next update.
9d11ba01af5abe713ee5fbabdc19287d.jpg

e18bc064cce32005ca245c62763f47cc.jpg

Last edited:
My bodies are so far back it's in a low pressure area. The scoop would need to be very high to catch the required air flow. I'll run a good size insulated pipe from this box to the head light vent. The added draw I'm told will also help regain lost torque from fitting bodies. I have thought about the scoop as it would be a handy fix.

What about a blob scoop as are bigger adrian

If I go to aggressive with panel changes I could be pulled on Itcc regs. It states all panels can be changed for light weight replacements. But must look identical to OEM on side view!!
So I guess a blob scoop could be an issue. I have to be careful what I do as the regs are quite technical. The front splitter I made had to be removed as it was against regs. It's currently the donor for the air box[emoji23]

We used this stuff on printing machines in work for cables and air lines it's was wider and flatter and plastic and flexible can't find a link to it but I'll keep looking might be handy to tec7 it to the underside of the bonnet
rectangle-metal-flexible-cable-conduit.jpg_640x640.jpg

Attachments

• rectangle-metal-flexible-cable-conduit.jpg_640x640.jpg
    rectangle-metal-flexible-cable-conduit.jpg_640x640.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 25
Ah only seeing image now! Ya looks good[emoji106] I also seen stuff in mullingar Hardwear, it's for metal lining for chimneys! Looks a bit industrial but it's cheap, strong and around 100mm [emoji106]

Back