Track day car

Great weekend at Mondello for Party in the Park Mini Stages. Great amount of track time on both days and got to experience soaking Saturday and very nice grippy Sunday. These mini stages are great fun and hope Mondello do again soon.
Very happy with my own result when I realised I finished in the top 5 among some much bigger spec machines[emoji108] The little saxo flew all weekend and felt a lot more powerful with engine temps sorted.
Below is a clip of one of the stages from today [emoji592][emoji100][emoji97][emoji106]
#novtecyo [emoji6]
https://youtu.be/ZoNY0Jx8QAA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throttle bodies manifold is now made up and ready for the next little phase. They are left a little long so I can cut them to the correct length before fitting. Tom at Pipefab done the job for me and it looks good[emoji106]

379bc6debf8229ed0b45c73e21e4eced.jpg

So I have been tipping away at the throttle bodies for the past week. Latest bit of progress is actually getting the manifold cut down to the correct length. I have a metal cutting band saw at home so this was perfect for getting a good square cut. I gave them a coat of high temp Matt red last night and I think they look the part now.

0113659103dddf6ccbac9284183eef6c.jpg

I need to modify the fuel rail as the GSXR never had a return feed. I have a plan in place for this and it looks like it will work. As I now need a separate stand alone fuel pressure regulator I managed to find one for 30 quid on Adverts and he even gave me a spare with it. Just hope it actually works but it looks good!

51a3e085e142c56cd4fadeef0558f835.png

If I manage to get the fuel rail sorted this week I could be looking at actually fitting them fairly soon.

You have it bad man :icon_grin: low budget race car with every mod done :icon_grin::icon_grin::clap: love it . What gains are you hoping for :thumbsup:

You have it bad man :icon_grin: low budget race car with every mod done :icon_grin::icon_grin::clap: love it . What gains are you hoping for :thumbsup:

Ha ha that's a fact! Everything is done on the cheap but it seems to work so far[emoji23]
I'm not expecting huge gains but any improvements would be welcome. I'd guess somewhere between 5/10 bhp and maybe some extra torque. At the moment it's 166bhp so if I got 175bhp I'd be very happy. As the car is currently 780kg this would leave the car 220 bhp per tonne. This I think could be enough to help me hold off the bigger power cars in theory. But it's a mod I always wanted to try. Hopefully with new cooling mods I should have more pace anyway. My last race the car was getting very hot and the lap times were falling away.

Yes It will definitely need a tweak Keith but it should start and run[emoji106]

Started the strip out this evening just to see if there is anything else I need. I'll probably need a longer throttle cable to reach around in comfort. Other than that it's not too bad. Plenty of room for some nice trumpets.

9b747da889e5aea7b42ea7db43f4b585.jpg

Last edited:
There was a lovely air intake I seen on one before that ran under the bonnet from front to back that fed them nice cold air, there was one for sale about 2 years ago on dd I remember seeing it so I'm sure they are available

Yeah the biggest tube you can find from the back of a tumble dryer and glue it down to the throttle bodies and I'm sure you could tack it down one side of the wings to the front bumper. Other option was to run it without a bonnet but don't think they would be happy with the flames from the engine going all over the place so.

We are going to do this but not as tacky maybe a nice mahogany finish.

Attachments

• 9e9f3f7e7abdf21ab6faff3dd3aae356.jpg
    9e9f3f7e7abdf21ab6faff3dd3aae356.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 27
Yeah the biggest tube you can find from the back of a tumble dryer and glue it down to the throttle bodies and I'm sure you could tack it down one side of the wings to the front bumper. Other option was to run it without a bonnet but don't think they would be happy with the flames from the engine going all over the place so.

We are going to do this but not as tacky maybe a nice mahogany finish.

That would be perfect! I could wire the lid to actuators so she will lift as air demand increases [emoji23][emoji23]

Yeah make it look real high tech haha you will have to put in a docket tho you know how paper work is ????????????

I'm not joking ya man. I was watching it the weekend with the kids and the wife and I couldn't stop laughing. There was tears coming down my face haha

Back