Track day car

Cheers Keith I'll get the very best I can from this car now and see how I get on. The next step in power would be big money so I won't go down that road. I'd love a some stage to be fighting in super touring and I won't do that in my car so who knows! The Honda way would be the only way really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What could be done next to the saxo turbo or supercharge it if you did this would it push you into a different class

Forced induction would put me in super but with that kinda power I'd have to go with a BE box from as the Saxo box would not cope. Super charger would get it up to 230+ BHP as I know one running in time attack at this kinda power and it's really fast!
I could also fit throttle bodies but max rains I'm told would be less than 10 BHP and may loose torque. So I'll adapt and learn how to use what I have for now and see where the future takes me really. I don't have lots of money to put towards a new build right now but I gave ideas where I'd like to be 2 years from now. Very much leaning towards a single seater in the future all going well!

Bog band cooked this over night[emoji106]
Race 1
Got a great start and got into the lead of production class at the dog leg. Held off the Honda until eventually it got me on the straight! Not much I could do about that as it was a chase and hope after that. The gap isn't huge with only a few tents separating our best laps in the race.

https://youtu.be/AeBJMJFQILU

Last edited:
a40cf118004c3ecae3a0e3b5945083b8.jpg

46e6238ee8440eb134efee7f2b131eec.jpg

Race 2,From Sunday ITCC.
Started p2 finished P2 with the Honda getting past again. Work is currently underway to try get some pace back on the Honda but it won't be easy. There will be more Hondas later in the year so I'll need to be ready for them too.
https://youtu.be/NR6lEWwjSis

The saxo development wagon rolled on this evening!
It started with Dec calling with half a sheet of polycarbonate,so plenty to make the two rear windows. First plan is to get more weight out of the car as we can afford to loose 50kg. Now it's becoming obvious I'll have to loose some of that myself as I'm around 90kg + maybe[emoji6]
So first thing done was to remove rear glass and fit the new polycarbonate ones we made this evening.

a07959582f020d831c5e4ad1cc64043a.jpg

e0e64e11b6ed933a58d1d66dda76631e.jpg

9949bc8b3e5833707bc5013549285d4e.jpg

Next up is to completely strip the brakes and re plumb the system. All abs will be removed and fit a new 23.8mm master cylinder for better brake feel and less travel. Bias valve will be fitted along with hydraulic handbrake, the plan is to fit a switch on the handbrake for launch control.

379a8b89d2680a0132188d517e3b8c0e.jpg

cb409aa28bc15aa5cd0c978b05d2493a.jpg

Another issue from the weekend was cooling! So the plan is to replace the original 24mm rad with a new 42mm alloy rad. Also I'm told fitting a restrictor in the pipework would be a good idea so I'll have a look at that also.

ff6c0e74d9409383cfdca405d0885378.jpg

Last edited:
Start jogging great way to get trim and it's very fast way to to do it
Don't eat anything after 7 and a nice 5K every evening at 9
Some people find it hard to sleep after an evening run so you might have to swap it to morning run.
Bike is a great man low impact so if your knees are at you or joints the bike is the man.
Spinning classes are an unreal was to get trim in super fast time and I always like to arive early and take my position at the back of the class with my cock in hand ......fook me the holes on some of the birds lol.

Also don't know if you have ever heard of parkrun it's on at 9am every Sat morning in your local park and it happens all over the world.
It's a 5K run ....you register with them and get a barcode and you can track your results on there website it's a great way to start into running
Also try do your running on grass takes a good bit of time to get your joints up to speed and grass is low impact on them and will allow you run longer

Last edited:
Start jogging great way to get trim and it's very fast way to to do it
Don't eat anything after 7 and a nice 5K every evening at 9
Some people find it hard to sleep after an evening run so you might have to swap it to morning run.
Bike is a great man low impact so if your knees are at you or joints the bike is the man.
Spinning classes are an unreal was to get trim in super fast time and I always like to arive early and take my position at the back of the class with my cock in hand ......fook me the holes on some of the birds lol.

Reading this thinking great...then I piss myself[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Also don't know if you have ever heard of parkrun it's on at 9am every Sat morning in your local park and it happens all over the world.
It's a 5K run ....you register with them and get a barcode and you can track your results on there website it's a great way to start into running
Also try do your running on grass takes a good bit of time to get your joints up to speed and grass is low impact on them and will allow you run longer

Good advice dude and I'll definitely look into them spinning classes[emoji23]
Think the urban 400 will be taken down this weekend before a feed of Easter eggs!!
I need to get fit again so the car will be motivation for it. I have no excuse as my sister has a running group every Wednesday night on the local gaa grounds so time to get the finger out[emoji106]

Get a cheap turbo trainer on dd and clip the bike into it you can go for a spin in the house or garage if it's raining out

Get a cheap turbo trainer on dd and clip the bike into it you can go for a spin in the house or garage if it's raining out

My sister has one so I'll grab that! Noting like getting out on the road and I have plenty of good back roads around me. Just need to get going again.

Really enjoyed following this build. Great work you put into it. Only wish I could manage all that half that work to my little Saxo. Best of luck in the season ahead.

Really enjoyed following this build. Great work you put into it. Only wish I could manage all that half that work to my little Saxo. Best of luck in the season ahead.

Cheers Nigel!
I enjoy the work most of the time.. and sometimes I wonder why I don't just save my money and buy something already fast[emoji1]

Back