Track day car

Well yesterday I finally got the little Saxo running again. It wasn't without a few scary moments when it was only running on 3 cylinders for a while. Luckily that was just a small injector problem and all is well now. Next step is to get the rest of it back together and in for alignment before mapping[emoji106]

https://youtu.be/cgdFwskmduQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair play man great result
Will be bang on after its mapped.
Must be great to see it come to life after all your own work very satisfying I'd say
Looking forward to see how you get on next season
Fair play

Fair play man great result
Will be bang on after its mapped.
Must be great to see it come to life after all your own work very satisfying I'd say
Looking forward to see how you get on next season
Fair play

Cheers Keith I slept well last night [emoji23] I will admit I was prepared for the worse but when it fired up first time I was delighted. 3 cylinders at first but no.3 injector started to play ball after some TLC.
Great feeling to get this far with the new build but need to find time and budget to get it over the line [emoji106]

Where do I start!!

Sort our license renewal.
Get and fit 4 new tyres.
Sort alignment.
Finish brakes and suspension.
Fit new catch can.
Fit plumbed in fire extinguisher.
Get all panels back on car.
Get it Mapped.
That's just s small amount but I'm sure there is plenty I have forgotten[emoji16]

Got started on my to do list this evening [emoji106]

Catch can fitted.
cebf2917acec1b3802380f80a9b17519.jpg

Dash fixed in place and steering fitted.

5446eb7f158903e9f82dfcdfb8d320c8.jpg

Engine bay starting to fill out again.

4fe0f177604d3144a264afab49947bdb.jpg

Dropped in my injectors to Westward Engineering for testing,just want to make sure that we're healthy before mapping. Gladly they were perfect so hopped them back in.

48ae72a3743bdf4a9da5d0dab9d62bb4.jpg

Picked up this oil from Martin Tracey,he recommended it but I have heard little about it so be good to hear any feedback on it. I was using 300V Motul and this stuff is a bit cheaper so if it's good that's a result.

fc11c589b70ebab724ad274d45135415.jpg

Great work as always adrian, car looks great and hopefully all the extra work will knock some time lap time off for you, best of luck

ps, if the oil is good enough for f1 its good enough for the saxo ha ha

Great work as always adrian, car looks great and hopefully all the extra work will knock some time lap time off for you, best of luck

ps, if the oil is good enough for f1 its good enough for the saxo ha ha

Cheers man [emoji106]
Really can't wait to get it mapped so I know everything is ok. Until then I can't really get much or any testing done. Having done inconvenient problems with wheel bearings at the moment and it's holding up the whole job do I'm hoping I'll have that issue resolved over the weekend.

It's been a crazy few weeks trying to get this car ready for mapping let alone racing. On first test run after fitting new wheel bearings and hubs I noticed I had a problem with my gearbox. So last Sunday evening I had to take the box out again and strip it. It turned out to be my own fault as I left out one of the C clips which held the gear clusters tight.

b083e7a1c4f732a41de658b478451ac0.jpg

So once I resolved this it was put back together and back in the car my 11:45 pm Sunday night. This was critical as I had Dec booked in for Tuesday night alignment and mapping for Wednesday morning (this morning)
Lucky enough Dec as always got me sorted last night, fitting my 4 new ADO8R tyres and setting up the alignment.

150bb4bb4469d98b9d304f099ca4ea52.jpg

For the moment the car will run with 5 degrees negative camber and around 5 degrees positive caster and hopefully this will help with front end grip. This morning the car has been dropped with Martin Tracey for mapping so I'm hoping everything will be ok and I'll have it back tomorrow evening.

ba70e059b408a150aafef2a688a02116.jpg

So all going well the Saxo and the PuKa will be out for the first time at Auto Hero morning session this Friday, we are booked in but I just need things to go well today and hopefully they will[emoji106]

No dyno graph back yet but after speaking to Martin on the phone earlier he had the car at 166 BHP and 128 lbft and thinks I could go a bit more.
If this is the case I'm delighted as anything over 160 would be a bonus[emoji106]
Now I'm really looking forward to friday[emoji1]

No dyno graph back yet but after speaking to Martin on the phone earlier he had the car at 166 BHP and 128 lbft and thinks I could go a bit more.
If this is the case I'm delighted as anything over 160 would be a bonus[emoji106]
Now I'm really looking forward to friday[emoji1]

Great figure Adrian, she'll be quick car now

Delighted with this graph can't wait to see what if feels like on track[emoji106]

05c6384ba8762b40883a544f2e311dd0.jpg

Back