Track day car

Sure is I always say it's better to be looking at it than looking for it[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great day today the Saxo was flying got my personal best time of 2:07.8 in the group final early in the day.
All the extra work over the past weeks really payed off today,a fresh set of tyres would have been the icing on the cake but they kept us on track all the same and it's fair to say they owe me noting after getting all year out of them[emoji1]
Dec came along for the day and put the Saxo through the paces in the afternoon session really glad he got to enjoy the car too after all the help he has giving me over the year.
This little car is almost one year into its build and it's really exceeded all my expectations and when I look back over the year it's hard to believe how well it has done and how much it has done with no breakdown or even a flat wheel.
The journey really started with this thread on the ISDC and thanks to everyone for all positive comments and sound advice,it's all very welcome and beneficial to me as at the end of the day this is my first year at this and I still have a lot to learn about the car and myself as a driver.
No idea just yeat where I'm going with this car next year I really want to further develop the car and make it faster for Time Attack or convert to phase 1 and enter future classics next year.
The problem with FC is its a wee bit fast for barrier time but I could slow it cheap,but do I want that!!
The other option is keep developing and spending and try beat those Hondas which I know that's what the heart wants[emoji1]but lucky enough I have all winter to be thinking about this little problem[emoji106]
Really looking forward to the Dyno day and hope to see most of ye there[emoji106][emoji106]

84b88a9eb6dd8abafbf50c780de19c50.jpg

67a944d7c86936a83618b6f56010318c.jpg

Well done Adrian
great result
I've had a few cars with the tu in it
and never gave bother
could be pricey keeping up with the Hondas
i assume you can't put a mi16 in it if doing time attack in it ?

great stuff fella

its hard to believe how far you and the car has come over the last year and the amount of work you have put in is testament to the car, trailer and trophies you have won. pat yourself on the back and take a bow.

next year supercharge it and try get some more weight out of the car, the cars looks amazing now but don't worry how it looks if it means saving weight, fresh tyres and go Honda hunting

Amazing journey and an amazing little car punching well above it's weight
Fair play man my hat is off to you. You and the car have come a long way congratulations and as duffman says give yourself a pat on the back.
What to do next is the big question if you supercharge it you will be ruling yourself out of some of the class's that you ran it in this year.
200 bhp is about max for the tu with our going supercharger even to get it to 200 would cost anything between 4.5/5k some of the lads in the UK running the charger are looking at 6/8k
But I know whatever you decide to do I will be glued to the build progress lol
Best of luck man

Thanks lads the super charger would keep me in the same class but the mi16 would move me into pro which wouldn't be the end of the world as I could run light weight panels and 888s.
But with more power I'll have to fit a diff for sure but the winter is long[emoji106]any little power upgrade would be nice even a good management system mapped with a more aggressive cam and some head work done could see another 15-20 hp and with some more suspension work and tyres it could drop the times a nice wee bit.
The gearbox is a must soon either I stay ma and try find a good ralle box with a diff or I go down the be road but ratios are the problem with both boxes.

http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2008/showthread.php?t=23534

good info on different boxes there

Would Ciaran have any 205 bits left maybe they can go in a saxo
peter1234 used to race one also

used to to be lots of bits on gumtree Belfast might be worth checking out

I take it your on saxperience already might find some bits on there

read about getting a rover620ti gearbox and putting internals to original casing

personally id think a mi16 swop would work out cheaper
and be more reliable too :dontknow:

I have heard about them rover boxes they come with a LSD too as far as I know!
I was looking at some threads on fitting the mi16 and it's not a bad idea at all and one I will look at for sure[emoji106]

Back