Track day car

Tidy car great work right through start to now

I won’t say finish cause we all know it ain’t as perfection is sought

Last edited:
Tidy car great work right through start to now

I won’t say finish cause we all know it ain’t as perfection is sought

Ha ha cheers Gary!
Yes your right, this car may never be actually finished unless I bin it big time[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work Adrian [emoji106]
Are you out in it next weekend?

So this is pretty much what the Saxo will look like for 2018[emoji1]
Great work by the lads at Stick it - tints&Graphics Tullamore.

932ca8bdb0e8c744b60b7e8c665ea72f.jpg

Wow! Looks savage.... again, fair play lad.

So on some closer inspection after round one, I found my real brake issue.
Turns out on around lap 4/5 4:30 into my onboard I lost a rear brake pad..
This was the real reason I got the peddle hitting the floor heading into south side!
I originally I thought the problem was boiling fluid, either way it’s good to find a simple issue. This isn’t the first time I lost a pad so its time to properly sort this issue.
I sourced new pads and a pad retainer kit from Bradshaw’s In Tullamore. I thought the retainer kit would be hard got but after asking the question with 106 parts ireland FB Page, I was advised they were handy got.

This was what I found!
6c50bddab9150d70faa68441246db057.jpg

30057ac41a4ccf275ec66eece0e99a6f.jpg

This is the new pad retainer kit I picked up for 12 Euro.
2425717c5b8c9e7c2cf7c0d05b7a5a81.jpg

New pads fitted with retainers. Feels nice and solid now.
695e37bec1f0ed842acd8fdeed800f5b.jpg

I have new AP Racing fluid ordered from Murray’s so when that lands we will do a full power bleed, and hopefully that leaves the car pretty much ready for Bishopscourt rounds 2&3 on the 13th of May.

I guess I better keep this up to date as I haven’t posted in a while.
We had rounds 2&3 of the Championship up north at Bishopscourt Race Circuit. The track was absolutely amazing. The track is so fast and definitely a different experience than we are use to. Unfortunately for me 20mins into my practice session disaster struck. And as it turned out I broke two teeth off my crown wheel and that was my weekend finished. I had no spare so unfortunately but in fairness to all the lads they were very helpful ringing around everywhere to try get sorted.
I looked at a few options to repair my own box but in a twist of faith, another complete box came my way. All I had to do was open it and give it a good clean, and also modify the linkage to suit my shifter. The box was just newly built with 3J Driveline diff using 4.9 straight cut crown wheel and pinion. I have since got it back into the car and replaced the driver side drive shaft. I have to say I’m kinda happy how things worked out as I always played with the idea of going 4.9
Have to say the noise the box makes is nearly worth it alone[emoji16]

This was what I found while inspecting my damage.
In another slight twist of faith
35df4e40ec9dae15461a854459ec39f9.jpg

This is my new box getting some TLC.
67503d5c2c98b41f3be2a268c765c47a.jpg

In another slight twist of faith a set of Compomotive rims fell at my feet. After some haggling and swearing they were mine[emoji16]
This use to be Wagon Dec’s sourced from a garage in cork for his Ka but did not correctly fit so he moved them on after having them soda blasted and primed. I was very lucky these came back my way as the project they were for just didn’t get done and was broken for parts. This in itself was unfortunate as he is a very nice guy and I was really looking to seeing his 106 project coming together.

These are the rims the morning I picked them up. He had one done white with original decals as that was the colour he was going on the 106.
White wouldn’t work on the Saxo so I needed to change it up.

ebd45f4b51e9fc8862ef6f5a99afab80.jpg

Declan is normally my go too man for approval on most of my crazy ideas, but we decided on a lovely Ford Magnetic grey for the rims and could only be one colour for decals.. yes yellow!
The paint work was done by a good mate who use to be big into modifying cars, but now fits granite work tops. He is still pretty handy with the spray gun..
He had many Max Power feature cars back in the day so definitely knows his stuff.

10b97f32767703f8e5b8e555eb643267.jpg

c05e7622fae6c39da46078af63c705c5.jpg

The guys at Stick It Tint and Graphics Tullamore made up the decals for me, they did the new livery on the car and I’d definitely recommend their work.

260d43f7157855dbf9ac4d195146d11a.jpg

Got this shot in my garden yesterday evening and I’m delighted with the look of these rims on the car. The C5 steels were only ever for weight saving as they are so light at 4.5 kg but in fairness these Compomotive are not exactly heavy either but definitely win in the looks department so that must add bhp[emoji16]
Thanks again to Wagon Dec for fitting my new ADO8R and balancing. Heading down to Cars and Coffee Tomorrow today where we will be displaying the Saxo, KA and Decs Mini. So if ye are at a loose end make sure to pop down[emoji106]
Location..
J.l. Bradshaw
Cloncollog, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
(057) 932 4502
https://goo.gl/maps/UoDpx6XWPf82

Back