newage radio reception ?????

wagon dec

Member Number 257
another small problem with my wagon ,when I bought the wagon it had its original stereo fitted and radio reception was very good !!anyway I decided to fit the jvc dvd player from my last wagon (which worked perfectly)into my new one install was easy as wiring etc was the same but once finished I tried to tune some stations and absolutely nothing ,so I taught maybe I left the cable out etc so I removed it again but everything was correct !! the only thing I noticed different from my last wagon is that this one has an aerial in the rear class (my old one had it on the a pillar like a classic ) seeing this I decided I might need an aerial amp to boost signal so I fitted one today and its partially better but still not acceptable ,any one had this with a new age ?????

Weird
While reading I was thinking booster
But you've done that
I wonder is the connection different
Even if it looks the same
It has to be the connection in someway
As the radio is fine and the aerial also
So it must be something to do with the join/connection :dontknow:

When I fitted recently new unit all worked fine. Good reception as on old one.
Might be some corrosion (or damage) to a cable which might showed up after removing old stereo (eg cable was pulled or so?)

You need to send power to the Ariel on the rear window I might be wrong but I think it's a brown wire

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

All sorted the pin 14 wire wasn't connected in my stereo plug joined the wire and full signal cheers lads

Back