Mondello Trackday Dates 2008

The vip days do be during the week! and they don't tolerate any messing :cry: cause your out with porsches and other big money motors! So It wouldn't really suit me as I like having the craic rather than going for fast laps and Being self employed, If I'm not on the job no cash is coming in!
I've never known of any problems or trouble at an open day! And they put the highest value cars out by thems selves!
Dan

cant wait for the next 1 hopefully we can get out together again dan and have a bit of fun again just have to a few bits to the beast to get her ready for it :thumbsup:

Was only up there on Saturday for a BMW day. The place never fails to entertain.

Looking forward to brining the wagon on it for a blast too.. Not sure which one, but when she's all prepped and dolled up for it, it'll be there. Need to do tyres, suspension and brakes a bit more.

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=4898.msg56024#msg56024 date=1200935533]
Was only up there on Saturday for a BMW day. The place never fails to entertain.

Looking forward to brining the wagon on it for a blast too.. Not sure which one, but when she's all prepped and dolled up for it, it'll be there. Need to do tyres, suspension and brakes a bit more.
[/quote]

Hi Yogi. I was at that BMW track day on Saturday with Scruff and another friend of mine and the speed the BMW boys were going at in their RWD M3 CSL's and regular new age M3's in the pouring rain was amazing. I still can't believe no one had a prang but its true.

I'm only sorry that I missed the 1,000 bhp BMW. It did a few laps in the morning but it was far too wet for it to be driven safely so they just trailered it in the afternoon. The DTM BMW touring car was as fine an example of a track as you're ever likely to see absolutely stunning but I'd have loved to have seen how it would have gotten on if it had started behind the EVO 9 which used its 4wd to great advantage, passing even the CSL's. On the straight though the DTM touring car was savage and in the dry it would have eaten the Evo 9 alive. Considering how wet it was the DTM touring car still managed to find amazing traction thanks to its trick LSD.

I was talking to one of the BMW guys there who told me the BMW club were getting the track for the whole day from Mondello which is great considering it was a Saturday and their members only paid 170 each for the full day which included an open pit format. He also said the BMW club had nowhere like as many members as the Subaru club.

If ever there was a day that suited the Scooby this was it. 170 yo yos, full Saturday, open pit with only about 25 cars in total and pouring rain. I'd say the guy in the EVO 9 went home a happy camper. Scruff, myself and a couple of Jap car drivers certainly did!

problem with this club would be actually getting people out on the track...it was only 20 quid to do japfest and not exactly big numbers..I would deffo do an all scooby day 25 heads is not a lot

I was talking to one of the BMW guys there who told me the BMW club were getting the track for the whole day from Mondello which is great considering it was a Saturday and their members only paid 170 each for the full day which included an open pit format. He also said the BMW club had nowhere like as many members as the Subaru club.

If ever there was a day that suited the Scooby this was it. 170 yo yos, full Saturday, open pit with only about 25 cars in total and pouring rain. I'd say the guy in the EVO 9 went home a happy camper. Scruff, myself and a couple of Jap car drivers certainly did!

sounds great frawls but unfortunatly its sad to say this club with all the members it has,probably couldnt get 25 cars/people to do a track day in there cars :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'd happily pay twice that!! Sure a normal full day costs €300
Maybe more lads would be more comfortable just doing a half day with open pits?????
It would be a good bit cheaper and would be alot less temptation to drive your car flat out all day! (like I would :D)
So Any takers If I was to sus it out???
Seriously, It's only as hard on the car as YOU make it! You've seen How I drive around the track and some of you have experianced it first hand as passengers and my car is still on the origonal potenzas from new (18K km ago)
And I've never had to change (Except oil and brake fluid) or repair anything and I've always driven her home (or b4heaven or one of the other lads drove her home for me)
Dan

I've done a track day before where it was pouring and the grip in Mondello in the wet is almost as good as a regular road in the dry as the tarmac in Mondello is very abrasive and consequently gives amazing grip in the wet.

A wet track day will hardly wear your tyres or pads at all. I checked some of those BMW's rear tyres and they were absolutely perfect. Its the heat and friction of a dry track day that increases the tyre wear. Also getting to experience the advantages of 4wd over rwd on the safety of a track is great fun as is rubbing it in to the non awd boys back in the pits! The only exception is the Integra Type r. I can never get my head around how a fwd car even with a LSD can get so much traction in the wet. Its the closest thing to awd in a fwd car you can get. Hardly any wheel spin and it doesn't even have traction control.

Good luck trying to get the numbers for a track day. I would suggest allowing evos, Integra Type r's, Skylines etc and friends with properly quick cars to attend also to get the numbers.

Frawls

Back