Never trusting donedeal again! Clean sti needed!

stevewarrn

Went to look at a supposedly 100% 03' wrx sti prodrive last night, drove from cork to the top of Galway to see this yoke and it was a heap of sh*t! Drive very well and power was good but body and alloys were shocking, turbo timer was a real hacksaw job and the radio was awaiting wiring. I really want a wrx sti, 03' or up that's clean and that I'm happy with. Cash waiting!

Cheers lads,
Steve,
Co. Cork

[quote author=lukeewrx link=topic=42549.msg487231#msg487231 date=1408781517]
its the way it is mate i brought one last october off there and 3 weeks into ownership engine caught on fire where the fella had bodged the engine together very hard to find a trustworthy seller these days but dont be put off good ones always turn up in the end

this dont look too bad and might be worth a look

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-sti/7536917
[/quote]
Over priced by around three grand

That one is a bit on the dear side alright.

Best advice is not to be in a rush... Most of us on here looked at several cars before they found a clean one at an acceptable price.

Johnny gave some good advice in your other post to help you minimise wasted trips.

Several great value cars around that age have come up this year, so bear with it.

If you can up your budget even a few thousand you can even get yourself into a 2006 Hawkeye STI... have a look in the for sale section as quite a few nice and well minded cars have gone up for sale.

Good luck with your search!

Personally I'll be going to the UK for my one, you'll pay a little more, but the quality is much above what's in ireland. Unfortunately in this country alot of people have an extremely poor care and maintenance attitude to their cars and the state of the road network does not help either

cheers for the advice lads, was onto your man with the sti in cork, he wont budge from his price. no way is it worth 10k like. Il keep my eye out, hopefully something comes up soon!

[quote author=stevewarrn link=topic=42549.msg487542#msg487542 date=1409079043]
cheers for the advice lads, was onto your man with the sti in cork, he wont budge from his price. no way is it worth 10k like. Il keep my eye out, hopefully something comes up soon!
[/quote]
He's reduced it to under that already

[quote author=stevewarrn link=topic=42549.msg487630#msg487630 date=1409151485]
http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-sti/753691

Right lads been onto the fella selling this yoke. Seems to be very clean and all the rest but he doesn't seem like he's gonna budge from the price which is crazy! Not even prodrive. It's exactly what I want but I'd be looking to pay 8k most for it.
[/quote]
Add is gone lad. I've decided I'm going down the import road again for my car. I've looked at six cars over the last three weeks and there either massively over priced, rough out, or complete scrap. I won't buy one in the country because with I've seen Is absolutely muck. Only ones who seem to have an interest in keeping their cars right are the enthusiasts on this site.

Would that not mean, that the good cars you have gone to see, are worth the money and not over priced?

[quote author=DUFFMAN™ link=topic=42549.msg487646#msg487646 date=1409155855]
Would that not mean, that the good cars you have gone to see, are worth the money and not over priced?
[/quote]
That would be true..if id seen any good cars. Which I haven't.

Ah right I taught you ment you seen good ones that were over priced and sh*t heaps

Very few good ones out there to be honest that are for sale

If going for a classic shape I wouldn't bother looking for a good one IMO

Buy one cheap and restore it and you'll know what you got

You'll end up spending the same amount of money maybe more but atleast you have a minter

What is cheap in jap land man sure as sh1te won't be cheap in rip off ireland by the time you land it here and vrt it etc

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=42549.msg487697#msg487697 date=1409174781]
What is cheap in jap land man sure as sh1te won't be cheap in rip off ireland by the time you land it here and vrt it etc
[/quote]
I'll put it this way. You'd have one here and cleared from auction on irish plates for between 25-30% cheaper than market here. White 03 one with 100khms on her came up few days ago. Sold for 6k.. You do the maths

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=42549.msg487699#msg487699 date=1409175673]
What grade was it ?
[/quote]
Needed some love and some spit and polish but for that kinda money twas right

Back