restrictor pill/vacuum pipe wanted.

colm b

hi.just wondering if anyone around the midlands or Athlone area might have the restrictor pill from the vacuum pipe on the turbo of a wrx,or any Subaru turbo might suit?
i threw mine out by mistake,and cant find one around.
would really appriciate it if someone has one knocking around.
thanks,Colm..

to be honest Dave,i'm not sure.i think it should be 0.8mm mabey.i will try and find out now.
just going to fit a TD04 in place of the TF035 in the forester engine,so i suppose it should be whatever is in a impreza WRX?
would be happy to try any as all i have now is the nozzel from a mig welder in the pipe!
cheers!

from what i can find out it should be 1.1 or 1.2mm,although some seem to say 0.9mm?
i would be happy to try anything around that-will be doing almost no driving until i get it to a dyno anyway.
thanks again..

[quote author=colm b link=topic=42427.msg486021#msg486021 date=1407601299]
from what i can find out it should be 1.1 or 1.2mm,although some seem to say 0.9mm?
i would be happy to try anything around that-will be doing almost no driving until i get it to a dyno anyway.
thanks again..
[/quote]

1.2 would be correct for td04

.9mm is ihi turbos

But when you fit you still need to monitor boost and adjust if needed.

As in may be better on a 1.0mm or need to drill out to 1.3mm for example

You could fit a manual boost controller and do the same job.

When you adjust them its same as fitting different size pills if you get me.

Although i dont know anything about your car so cant say its a safe route or not.

i never thought of a manual boost controller.thats probably the handiest thing.thanks for the advise :thumbsup:

Back