2015 wrx 2.0 v sti 2.5

Good article
So the wrx has a better engine
And the sti has the better bits with the old engine
And I'm guessing the sti will have that engine in a year or 2 :dontknow:
I wonder if it was just decided last minute to throw the 2.5 in last minute for the us market ?

so on reading the articles the sti is still the faster more focused car . wrx sounds good 2 though and closer than ever before to its big brother .

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=42277.msg484396#msg484396 date=1405872835]
Yes but why did they put the old engine in it ?
[/quote]

Cost factor I'd say mabay they didn't have time to devolp the new tech 2.0 to output 300 Bhp ect who knows defo say the 2.5 not long for this world though

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=42277.msg484396#msg484396 date=1405872835]
Yes but why did they put the old engine in it ?
[/quote]

everyone has the belief that the 2.5 motor is no good , but step back a few years and how many guys where throwing out the 2.0 in favour of a forged 2.5 for big power builds , the 2.1 stroker seems to be the favoured conversion now ,

imo the 2.5 is a cracking motor , plenty of torque and a nice car to drive quickly , the biggest problem was Subaru cheaping out with cheap head gaskets , pistons , and rather than address the issue they buried their head in the sand and waited for the problem to go away , if they have addressed these issues there is no real reason to shelve the 2.5 but on saying that i would buy an fa20 engined sti if , emmissions are on a par with the other hot hatches and kept the vrt and tax at a reasonable rate ie sub 750 a year to tax .

Back