need some advice lads..whats she worth

garethmac600

Petrolheads
so a recent change in the financial situation has left me needing a bit of extra cash towards the end of the summer,

trying to decide weather or not it would be worth while selling the legacy and down grading for a bit.

basicily have two questions,

number one, whats my car worth, hard to tell what shes worth as there's slim pickings for b4's on donedeal at the moment?

bit of info on the car:

b4 (non turbo on the book)

recaro front seats,
turbo timer
hks silent performance exhaust (still have original exhaust aswell)
A'pexi intake with M.A.F adaptor (original airbox fitted at present)

mapped by TDP to 296.4 bhp and running on 1.1 Bar boost, dyno read outs to prove

has had belts done at 80,000miles, new clutch about 5,000 m's ago, had a bumper respray, machine polish and head light restoration done about 2,000 m's ago, tyres are around 70%,

just taxed for 3 months and the nct is valid untill may 2015

drives like a dream, no rubbing, no bangs, no knocking , no rattles, starts on the button and never misses a beat.

and question number 2
is it worth my while selling it, and down grading to something around the 180bhp mark , 1.6-2.0
or will i be looking at the same kind of money for something like this?

really don't want this car to go, but can't really afford to keep it as i'l be going back to college in september and could do with an extra boost of money before hand.

SI7UB61.jpg

faXtUDf.jpg

LOEphja.jpg

qzzQg8Q.jpg

cheers dave and she's 90,000miles at the moment,

gonna be really tough to decide on this. be broke as f**k for the year and keep my legacy or not have to worry about cash for the year and lose the best car ive ever owned :(

be broke for a year as the money will go on nothing really but only you can make the call :thumbsup:

Keep her, it's worth what Dave said but getting someone with the cash is the problem

If it were me I'd live on beans cancel nights out ect and keep it as uve said it's the best car uve ever owned do you really want tire kickers coming along insulting your pride and joy

But tiz your call of course

Lovley leggie btw

Sell if you can, if it doesn't sell so be it!

Life is short, very short!

[quote author=DUFFMAN™ link=topic=42147.msg482602#msg482602 date=1404425382]
Sell if you can, if it doesn't sell so be it!

Life is short, very short!
[/quote]

As above!!

cheers for the advice lads, took her for a burn earlier........ i reckon its gonna be a poor year for me ahead, cause ....

don't think I can sell her.

:subaru:

Sorry to hijack the thread. Im kind of in the same boat. Sham the way things have gone. All the best with what ever you decide. :scoobyblueisdc:

can't sell her :( i reckon im gonna have to hold on to it, really thought about putting the ad up this morning n it all got to real, its worth alot more to me than to any one else , my only saving grace is that i have a ducati aswell, and shes cheap as chips to run. sorry to hear your in the same boat alan , a subaru is not the ideal thing to try n run on a part time wage ha

Sorry to see you selling but the only thing to do is stick it up and know your bottom line to make it worth your while selling in the first place. Put a price on it and see if you get any bites.

as above gareth if you're serious about selling up as rob said put up a price and stick to it,great that you're thinking you won't sell it looks a cracking car

Cheers Gordon, looked at quite a few legacys when i bought her, and compared to the rest she was like something just off the factory line, and the only one with an owner that was on the forum, even if someone out there was willing to pay 4,000 for her, by the time i got a new car sorted n buy a few bits i need... As the lads were saying , the money will go on nothing really, and as Ciaran said it would kill me watching tyre kickers trying to play down how nice the car was, i think I'm just gonna struggle for the year and hold on to her, just keep her on the road as best i can.

Back