Anyone know this Legacy??

[quote author=Stevie link=topic=42134.msg482687#msg482687 date=1404474004]
Im not in disagreemet with you dont get me wrong. You have highlighted the joys of second hand motoring, a car with a full FSH could end up being more trouble than a car that has been tinkered now and then by joe bloggs down the road..... could be trouble free!! Nobody knows.

But voicing opinions on the site with opening statements like "What a silly statement" is not the way to do things! I see where you are comming from, can you see my point of view?

Point of view:
Me being an unregular user, pays my membership at the start of the year and uses the site for advice when needed.
[/quote]

Silly statement was in reply to a comment saying if a mechanic viewed it and was unable to detect a engine or gearbox failure 3 months down the road hes not very good.

So i am perfectly entitled to respond same as any other member. And in my opinion is good advise rather then living in a dream cloud.

i can see both points of view, dave hasnt been very helpful but he cant in this case without seeing or knowing the car.

all cars are cheap for a reason, condition, mileage or need to sale quickly

regardless of fsh and map for fuel the bottom end can let go on the way home from buying regardless of weather a mechanic looks at it.

imo people need to realise that buying a 12 year old preformance engine may require work at some point and can lead to paying out more than a car is worth.

with less people willing to take this chance in our financial situation at the moment this will reflect in the price of cars on sale

So you cant see where im coming from???? ... which was the only QUESTION I asked :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Forums are lacking certain key features in conversation compared to face to face conversation. "Tone" is the #1 reason why different things are picked up in different ways. As we can see above im not the only member seeing it the way im seeing it!

We all must watch our approach to replies, questions and answers.

I have a days work lost over this im loosing no more!

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=42134.msg482689#msg482689 date=1404474691]
[quote author=Stevie link=topic=42134.msg482687#msg482687 date=1404474004]
Im not in disagreemet with you dont get me wrong. You have highlighted the joys of second hand motoring, a car with a full FSH could end up being more trouble than a car that has been tinkered now and then by joe bloggs down the road..... could be trouble free!! Nobody knows.

But voicing opinions on the site with opening statements like "What a silly statement" is not the way to do things! I see where you are comming from, can you see my point of view?

Point of view:
Me being an unregular user, pays my membership at the start of the year and uses the site for advice when needed.
[/quote]

Silly statement was in reply to a comment saying if a mechanic viewed it and was unable to detect a engine or gearbox failure 3 months down the road hes not very good.

So i am perfectly entitled to respond same as any other member. And in my opinion is good advise rather then living in a dream cloud.
[/quote]

Re-read my comment! I never said a mechanic is psychic and can see if an engine will fail or not after 3 months.

I merely said i hoped a mechanic would have a better idea than i would if the engine/gearbox were in a condition that they wouldn't expect major problems after buying it. Obviously engines/gearboxes can also give up entirely out of the blue with no indication, but i would hope if there was an indication a mechanic would see that.

Back