Underbonnet insulation.

Evobully

Petrolheads
Guys,
The insulation under my bonnet of the blob is going a bit flakey and dropping off in places. The question is am I better replacing it with OEM stuff which would be the right shape or is there better after market options that I trim myself? Theres a few rolls of DIY stuff on fleabay that look thicker than the OEM stuff but is it more trouble than its worth. I have seen some cars with it removed. Could taking it off cause heat damage to the paint? Also I havn't looked yet so i dont know what the paints like under the insulation and I would like to keep it tidy under there so I dont want those mirrored fill in thingys.
Also what sort of price am I looking at for OEM. Thanks.

I posted up a very similar question not that long ago think about 160 euro for the oem some lads have it removed I just left mine in place not great condition either

Cheers for that. Maybe Ill just have to save up me pennies. Its just a mess. I took the scoop off for a paint this weekend and the insulation just crumbles away like yellow snow and goes everywhere. I really dont want to be breathing that s@#t in either.
Thanks.

Back