annoying rattle

dnadelooners

Sunday Drivers
Okay so I've had this annoying f*****g rattle coming from the rear passenger side for a while now and had the week off so tried to sort it out! Have changed the droplinks and bushings and low and behold it's still there. You can barely hear it from inside unless you have the passenger windows down and it's really getting on my nerves I'm hearing it in my sleep!!! It kinda sounds to me like the exhaust is typing off something everytime I hit any kind of a bump but then if I try to rattle the exhaust by hand it doesn't give much! I'm stumped so any suggestions would be greatly received. It's a completely standard 03 blob

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=42100.msg481799#msg481799 date=1403882581]
rear shocks with the grease gone hard sounds like :thumbsup:
[/quote]

:plusone: Same issue on mine... when cold for first few miles no issue... then... knock knock... knock, etc.
Good news for your is that you can get great replacements like the KYB Ultra SR for small money... Hawk STI not as many cheap fix options other than the regrease itself.

If knocking also when cold it could indeed be the top mounts that are worn or centre nut lose. (see Grahamo's post)

Cheers for the replies guys will check the top mounts there now. Smells like new shocks though god I love spending money!

Back