Vrt mistake

ianfl

Octane Boostaholics
So long story short I bought vectra sri xp11 150
Herself went in to ncts to get vrt quote the clever person in there put it down as 120 cdti sri quote €1357
On the motorcheck vrt calculater when I put in reg I get correct model and quote of €1377
When I put in reg of one the same as nct guy quoted for it comes back as €1147
I'm not worried about the figures bus has
zena8umu.jpg
emyvyjum.jpg

Anyone any idea how to get correct details on logbook

hopefully you can
hope it works out for you Ian :thumbsup:

7. Have I any recourse if I feel that I have been overcharged?

Yes. However, please note that the VRT charge is raised by Revenue, the NCT centre staff will not be able to help you with any query relating to the VRT charge

Therefore, having paid the amount demanded, you can appeal the charge with Revenue under the formal excise appeal procedure details which are set out in a separate information leaflet VRT 6 - Appeal Procedures relating to Vehicle Registration Tax which you can obtain at Revenue or any Revenue Office. Details of these offices may be found on the Revenue

If you decide that you do not wish to register the vehicle, and pay the VRT due, you must ensure that the vehicle is taken out of the State immediately, but at the latest within 30 days of its initial entry into the State.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/leaflets/vrt-appeals.html

The price difference doesn't bother me it's buying too spec one and ending up with paddy spec on the book
It won't match up when trying sell it and engine parts be different when ordering off reg

They're at it full time such donkeys. Checked one today 99 impreza gt down as 116 bhp legacy. And a lot of the b8 model a4's down as the older b7 model. Balls for parts alright.

Back