BRZ IS TO BE AXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if it was 300bhp with 4wd i'd say there would be a big demand especially with the price being way cheaper that the competition :stismiley

:plusone:[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=42083.msg481795#msg481795 date=1403879754]
if it was 300bhp with 4wd i'd say there would be a big demand especially with the price being way cheaper that the competition :stismiley
[/quote]
Yeah... do two versions... current spec and a full on 4wd STI... two price points, two different markets and because they already have the engines and drivetrains etc the development costs would be reasonable. Would be straight attack on the Cayman in the premium segment, but significantly cheaper with more performance and probably still lower overall running costs (especially if they stuck to a 2.0 STI).

As others have pointed out - Subaru lost their way and their identity... go back to what they are good at and their niche will be there and hence their long term survival more assured.

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=42083.msg481806#msg481806 date=1403883405]
:plusone:[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=42083.msg481795#msg481795 date=1403879754]
[/quote]
Would be straight attack on the Cayman in the premium segment, but significantly cheaper with more performance and probably still lower overall running costs (especially if they stuck to a 2.0 STI).
[/quote]

The most important thing in that sector, mid level coupe, in the UK&IRL markets is brand, that's why Porsche, BWM and AUDI dominate...look at the flop the 370Z is, Hyundai didn't even bother bringing their new RWD coupe to the market...both with 350hp, rwd very capable chassis and almost 20k cheaper, no one wants them.....and then historically Jap coupes have never been a success...the Supra, NSX and GTO were poor sellers dispute offering far more than any Porsche or even some Ferraris at the time, the NSX is now considered an all time great but no one bought it!!
People who buy new in this market claim they are looking for a performance machine but the badge comes first.

They can't go back to their niche because they stood still and let everyone catch up and then surpass them..... the US,Canada and Australia is where they thrive with SUV's and awd saloons etc

no one bought the nsx because it was mental money at the time at Porsche money it was never going to sell . i do agree with you on the brand snobbery thing that will never change but good cars will always shine

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=42083.msg481815#msg481815 date=1403892014]
no one bought the nsx because it was mental money at the time at Porsche money it was never going to sell . i do agree with you on the brand snobbery thing that will never change but good cars will always shine
[/quote]

Yeah it was but it was a mid engined super car, it was aimed at the 348 not the 911...too big a leap for honda
I just don't think anyone is gonna buy a £35k Subaru coupe over an m4 or cayman..even if it was better car...sad as that is cos if I was in the market I would get the bzr and get down to litchfields....the pity is there won't be many in the used market now

At 1200 kg and 200bhp and 150ftlbs... It's not exactly jaw dropping performance

Imho, if Subaru will deliver us the new WRX STI in low CO2 brackets, their sales here in Ireland will grow up.. but paying 2k euro for a car is not a competition at all. We can get brand new car with 200euro per year with similar performace...

Back