TT 2014 Sti

As Frano would say "coola boola"
Wild tight machine there, how much would the tax cost on it in the Emerald Isle????

[quote author=Killiano92 link=topic=42058.msg481488#msg481488 date=1403642154]
was about to post this. The man is talented. Getting to like the car too but its gonna be hard to justify or rather, afford here :icon_cry:
anyone see him catch a near spin at 150mph last time he went round? Balls of steel from the co driver
http://www.carthrottle.com/watch-ra...s-save-a-frightening-150mph-subaru-wrx-crash/
[/quote]

Yeah, that's craaaazy! I know David Higgins (his brother) and he was telling me that he was the one that was originally signed up for that TT run, but due to a rally commitment, over in America, his brother ran it. (They usually are in Wales, though both are originally from the Isle of Man) So not only do they BOTH have ridiculous driving skills, that is like their home-town stretch! So either bro will likely keep these records nice and safely theirs :p

Last year the co-driver wasn't a co-driver! Just a journo taken for a spin.
Hadn't a clue what was happening hence why he wasn't scared.

They hadn't taken into account the extra passenger weight and bray hill nearly bit them!!

Great driver and nice fella too.

Ya dunno why I said co driver sure he says it at the start of the 2014 vid... :hammerhead:

I would have shat myself I'll be honest

Shur is billy sweet motor alright

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2
$17k wrx €12000
$25k Sti. €18000

What will they cost here???

Euro models will have much stronger internals than america so prob why prices look good over there.

Imagine a brand new one here costing the above prices

Add 36% vrt and 23% vat also I think import tax of 10% doesn't look that good then 2350 a year road tax :icon_hang:

[quote author=scoobyturbo link=topic=42058.msg481570#msg481570 date=1403709277]
$17k wrx €12000
$25k Sti. €18000

What will they cost here???

Euro models will have much stronger internals than america so prob why prices look good over there.

Imagine a brand new one here costing the above prices
[/quote]

It's more affordable, but not by much! Our tax is calculated AFTER, so you could pay 12 to 20%, depending on city, state and federal taxes. Plus you pay annual registration tax, about 5-10% of the cars value! And insurance would be around $2k/year for a driver over 30 with a clean record. But at least it's insurable! Many insurance companies here won't even take on a subaru lol

Back